Custom Headunit Mount

My factory stereo is crapping out on me so I decided I'll get a new headunit. Alpine or a Pioneer I found. Im having a custom mount made from Maptech and this is the rendering he came up with from a photo i sent....the HU will go in the slot, and the letters will be backlit with blue LEDS...ill have it in a couple weeks.....heres the drawing...

Silverado-2Small.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpine...there is a reason so many people like them.

They have great EQ's and they dont take a crap on you.

I have had two personal experiences with Pioneer both of them ended up screwing up one way or the other.

1 (Flip out) screen stopped working

2 (radio pre-out stopped working

Now is that to say that Pioneer is bad, no also a very good deck which a lot of people love and have. But between the two I like the alpine much more.

Do a bit more searching online and you may geta better deal

yea :withstupid: those (relatively) new alpines are awesome headunits. the ipod control is near instant, and very easy to navigate. i love them, i have the single din alpines in everything that i dont have a DD in. one of them is even in a marine conidtion, and gets wet all the time.... still kickin ;)