lowered the truck more

pimp ss

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... no vibrations or tire rub yet and i drove it a lot today and i drove it like usual like a wild man
I really like it, looking good. The acid test (I'm not joking, totally serious) drive 65-mph through DFW airport terminal access road both ways, because of the shitty paving job the truck will develop a rhythmic bouce and you will probably rub the tire on the fender lip, especially on the northbound leg. After I had this happen to me I dialed-up another quarter-inch of tire clearance and have not had the problem since. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

i think everybodys sits like that i want to change the brackets and move the bumper up closer to the lights and grille

:withstupid: all sss's have that little sag in their lower lip that looks something like bumba gump :jester: i'd like to lift mine up too. if anybody's got any info on how to do this, holla back.

:withstupid: all sss's have that little sag in their lower lip that looks something like bumba gump :jester: i'd like to lift mine up too. if anybody's got any info on how to do this, holla back.

there's a post in the how to section. search bumper bracket.

thanks guys and i am definitly not raising it back up at all i think it sits perfect now i will just have to drive a little more cautiously now but its ok because i love the way it looks now

thanks guys and i am definitly not raising it back up at all i think it sits perfect now i will just have to drive a little more cautiously now but its ok because i love the way it looks now

:crackup: Now THAT'S pimpin!

i guess you and i both sacrafice tires and ride quality for looks then LOL. i am missing peices of my toyos from my fenders, and my tires have over time created a recess in my fenders from slamming into them so much. i actually have a video of my truck goin 60 over some dip in the road, and the front tires stop spinning for a second :jester: im in the ballpark of 1-1 1/2 fingers off the fenders. it looks sick..... and who needs tires anyways right?

i guess you and i both sacrafice tires and ride quality for looks then LOL. i am missing peices of my toyos from my fenders, and my tires have over time created a recess in my fenders from slamming into them so much. i actually have a video of my truck goin 60 over some dip in the road, and the front tires stop spinning for a second :jester: im in the ballpark of 1-1 1/2 fingers off the fenders. it looks sick..... and who needs tires anyways right?

so far no rubbin and i can get 1 1/2 to 2 fingers in between the tire and fender and i wanna see that video you were talkin about

so far no rubbin and i can get 1 1/2 to 2 fingers in between the tire and fender and i wanna see that video you were talkin about

You're good, there shouldn't be any rubbing; I thought you had less clearance than that.

Mr. P. :)