New SS owner in Iowa

yttaf

Here are a couple pics of my SSS. I absolutely hate the taillights, but will do until I can get stock ones again...

Beths8thbirthday038.jpg

Beths8thbirthday035.jpg

Beths8thbirthday031.jpg

Well you can either go stockers or try some black housing tails would look good with a blackss. Wheels arent good looking in my opinion but its not my truck. one other thing i can tell there are some really blue lights in the low beams which I would recommend you take out if you do alot of country/out of town driving. If you drive alot in town you'd be alright. Maybe some hids. i would love to have a get together somewhere in iowa sometime.

Well you can either go stockers or try some black housing tails would look good with a blackss. Wheels arent good looking in my opinion but its not my truck. one other thing i can tell there are some really blue lights in the low beams which I would recommend you take out if you do alot of country/out of town driving. If you drive alot in town you'd be alright. Maybe some hids. i would love to have a get together somewhere in iowa sometime.

Yeah the blue bulbs were also from the previous owner.... I think he was a Ricer at heart!!! I wasn't real happy that he sold the stock SS wheels to get the 22's. So now I'm trying to find a set. Would really like the set of 22's SS wheels on Ebay. I found some SS emblems, but not sure if I want to go with black or the stock silver. Yeah & I need to find a set of taillights & I think I will be set.

congrats on the getting your SS. iam getting mine this coming week. Iam so pumped and ready to start making some mods. I have very close ties with Dukes Truck N car and if you need anything, let me know and i can see how good i can help you with the price. look forward to chatting with you more and getting together for some cruises..

Rich

i have some led Taillights ;) in my Silverado which i have taken out and will be adding them to my SS this week when i due the trade. they are the ICPW taillights platium smoke/ with the all red leds. they look sweet when used with the line of fire tailgate brake light set up. will post some pics when i get my SS this week. went clear over to Peoria Ill to make the trade. but leds are the way to go. expensive but sweet look. let me know if interested i can sell them i beileve to club members at jobber or better.. Dukes Truck N Car .. www.dukestruck.com look forward to talking more to you..

thanks

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
i have some led Taillights ;) in my Silverado which i have taken out and will be adding them to my SS this week when i due the trade. they are the ICPW taillights platium smoke/ with the all red leds. they look sweet when used with the line of fire tailgate brake light set up. will post some pics when i get my SS this week. went clear over to Peoria Ill to make the trade. but leds are the way to go. expensive but sweet look. let me know if interested i can sell them i beileve to club members at jobber or better.. Dukes Truck N Car .. www.dukestruck.com look forward to talking more to you..

thanks

Richard

Could you shoot me a PM of a price on those LED taillights.

Anyways as an update on my truck. I painted my taillights so they are red now. Look much better. I'll have to post a picture up. I also got rid of the blue low beam bulbs. I couldn't see for shit at night, so I for now just put some stockers back in. & I recieved my SS emblems today & they will be going back on the truck. I will be looking for some new rims soon, when I round up some more cash...

Well the truck is getting closer to how I want it to look.

Hope to meet some of you local guys soon.

Could you shoot me a PM of a price on those LED taillights.

Anyways as an update on my truck. I painted my taillights so they are red now. Look much better. I'll have to post a picture up. I also got rid of the blue low beam bulbs. I couldn't see for shit at night, so I for now just put some stockers back in. & I recieved my SS emblems today & they will be going back on the truck. I will be looking for some new rims soon, when I round up some more cash...

Well the truck is getting closer to how I want it to look.

Hope to meet some of you local guys soon.

Here's something I did for my lights.. I got the bulbzilla conversion wire kit .. and used the sylvania ultra .. high beam bulb instead of low beam bulb. very white light and it does not mess up your headlight housing.. I did the same for the wife's driving lights on her lexus and it works fine there too.