MARINES

I am Navy so here is my plug for the Dept of the Navy..... The Marines fall under the Navy. By the way Marines hate it. i

Yes, we do admit that the Marine Corps is a department of the Navy, the mens department. You knew that was coming!

You should PM "Marine Sgt", My guess would be he would have the best info for you.

Ok, its time for me to put my two cents in here. I don't regret my decision one bit to join the Marine Corps. I've been in since March of 2000. I've had some experiences that I will remember for the rest of my natural life. Some of them have been good, and some have been bad. I've served in Afghanistan back in September of 2001, and in Iraq a few times. I've met some friends that I know will have my back no matter what. We have a saying, Once a Marine, always a Marine! Marines take care of each other. We have a sacred bond that nobody will ever be able to explain unless they have earned the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. We live by our core ethos of Honor, Courage, and Commitment. I'm going to say that not everyone has what it takes to be a Marine. You will learn instant obedience to orders and be in the best shape of your lives. Just think of this for a second... When you hear the word "Marines", what do you think of? When I hear that word I think of a mean SOB that will fight at the drop of a hat to protect this country. We have that reputation because the Marine Corps has been protecting this country for the past 231 years. It will not be easy. If you expect something easy, go somewhere else. You will have great benefits such as medical, dental, and college expenses paid for. Those are great benefits and I use them to the fullest myself. Expect to go to war too. There is nothing wrong with joining and getting a technical MOS (job). I had one myself, and then I switched MOS's. There are lots and lots of different MOS's in the Marine Corps. You can do basic administration, combat arms, inteligence, musician, Combat Service Support, Aviation and thats just a broad range of different mos's. This is the last that I'm going to say about being a Marine. I love it. I know I'm not going to get rich doing what I do, but I know that I am making a difference for this country and thats enough for me. You can PM me if you have any specific questions.

Marine SGT, I have a lot of respect for you as well as anyone else who chooses the military life style.

Me....???? Nope, couldn't do it. I couldn't deal with the emotional part of it. Not only does a person have to be physically strong but emotionally strong as well.

I have thought about joining in the past not for the $$$ benefits but for the experience and a hopeful personality/attitude change, which I really needed at the moment. But god had other plans for me and I was better off not joining.

Just like Fireman31 said "follow your heart", and that is just what you need to do. Try not to let other people make your decisions, but it is smart to ask around and do your research before you follow through with that decision, which you are doing.

There is a place and a meaning for everybody and if it is meant to be, you will end up in the place.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.....

:flag::flag::flag:

Yes I new it was coming. That all you can say. Do you guys need a ride??? Haze gray

Oh, I can do much, better than that. Do we need a ride, hell yeah we do.. Go get my ride B*tch. :rollin:

marine-football.jpg

This goes to show that you don't F*ck with a Marine, even if he is 72 years old.

72 year old Marine!

Oh yeah, I found some old Navy recruiting posters. Have you ever wondered why Marines think that the Navy is gay? Here is your answer!

navy_young_men.jpg

147756XdFC_w.jpg

This goes to show that you don't F*ck with a Marine, even if he is 72 years old.

72 year old Marine!

That is great. :crackup: I bet he'll think twice before trying that on another "oold man".

I have some friends that are former Marines, and they are a tight knit brotherhood. You mess with one, you mess with them all. It doesn't matter what branch you serve in, your serving our country, and you have my deepest respect. Most other branches will admit that the Marines have the hardest job, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Living arrangements onboard a NAVY ship are far from "plush". Also, there are currently approximately 13,000 Sailors with boots on the ground between IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN in harms way alongside Soldiers/Marines.

If he answers NO to alot of those questions, then he should consider the air force or navy...not that they arent put into harms way, but definetly the more plush accomodations and cleaner assignments.

Whore rated this thread 1 star? thats ****ed up for people that are going to go serve our country regardless of them agreeing with the current war. **** to who ever did it.

agree.jpg thats F*cked up....

To whoever did it:

idiot.jpg