fireworks picture

took about 50-60 pictures last night with my big digital SLR nikon D80 with the 18-200mm VR lens....

iso - 100

f11

bulb - 3 second exposure give or take a second

ev 0

here is one shot i had time to resize... this is straight from the camera... no bs photoshop...

DSC_0036.jpg

as any photographer will tell you, a camera will pickup a lot more color than the human eye.

more to come if i get some time. :driving:

Nice shot! :thumbs: You've either been doing you're homework or you're lucky. I'm betting you did your homework. Fireworks are a lot harder to shoot than most people think. Good job. :cheers:

Nice pics...I should have brought my camera with me . My buddy spent $2K yes thousand on fireworks and fuses so we could wire up groups and the most insane one we did involved saturn missles and after we were done wiring 3150 went off after the lighting of a single fuse.It was insane..lol

I had to wait until I got off work to post mine ... but here is my firecracker pictures ... no tripod ... no bulbs ... just straight up BIG O and his Rebel XT ... first time shooting fireworks but not first time shooting action at night ... and Bob47 is correct ... it is MUCH harder than you would expect.

post-4784-1183684191_thumb.jpg

post-4784-1183684197_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

man cool pics. i had a good time last night . i bought about 200 bucks worth of fireworks. i had some triple shot artillary shells( big ones ) i had a fountain that shot 24 morters and a few other things. it was alot of fun.

took about 50-60 pictures last night with my big digital SLR nikon D80 with the 18-200mm VR lens....

iso - 100

f11

bulb - 3 second exposure give or take a second

ev 0

here is one shot i had time to resize... this is straight from the camera... no bs photoshop...

DSC_0036.jpg

as any photographer will tell you, a camera will pickup a lot more color than the human eye.

more to come if i get some time. :driving:

Nice pics man is that the new Nikon camera that i see comercials for all the time like we gave away 200 free cameras to a small town in ....and everyone became a good photog?

Nice pics man is that the new Nikon camera that i see comercials for all the time like we gave away 200 free cameras to a small town in ....and everyone became a good photog?

He's using a better model camera. The one in the commercials is the Nikon D40. Also a very nice camera at a reasonable price. Around $500.00 with an 18-55mm lens.

Wish i knew how to post pictures from transparencies. (slides) Most of my stuff was done years ago on Kodachrome. Anyone know of a good way to convert them to digital format?

Dave and BigO, you guys have an eye for photgraphy. Some great shots.