Took a srt4 Neon for a walk

lucky7_93021

So we were heading down to County Line Beach on the PCH for the 4th and had some fun. I was just cruising along around 60 when I see this srt4 neon cutting through traffic. I don't really care when people do this but he was being a jerk about it , cutting people off and riding them. On top of that he kept popping his damn BOV and damn it I hate when ricers do that crap.

Anyhow, I let him fly past me but then he pulls in front of me and slows down to 40! He just sits there.. pissing me off. :-)

Now, I though these things were pretty quick.. and I'm sure they are so I never thought I'd be able to pass him. There was a car just ahead in the slow lane so I didn't have much room. Long story short I pulled into the slow lane and let er' fly.... I heard him drop a gear and blow his valve so he was trying for sure.... but I just walked right by him while watching his buddy laugh at him.

Needless to say they actually slowed down and turned off the road so they wouldn't be next to me at a light. Pretty fun, even if it was a stroke of luck.

No idea how quick you are but most are low 14s, we have a regular at our track that runs very consistent 13.9s. Quick indeed!

I just raced a BMW 335i four times on the freeway in my wife's Magnum R/T and pulled it every time, running 60-110+ mph, I pulled every time and passed him twice when he hit it first. The 335i is SUPPOSED to be a mid 13 second car, it should have beaten me soundly?

:confused:

Good kill, not sure WHAT is happening with the turbo cars, lots of inconsistent results it seems..?

335i isnt that fast... 300hp... i ran an m3 from a dig a few weeks ago and completely humiliated the guy... he was bragging about being chipped and having 480hp... i smile and then we both took off from a clear light, no traffic, and i had him by 3 lengths by 65mph, then we hit a light... he was in total disbelief, granted im running about 9-10lbs of boost but still... i weigh 2000lbs more...

Alot of these turbo cars above are quick, but that is when everything is running in top condition. Also remember, alot of people, more so ricers, have a bad habit of buying mod's that make the car look faster, sound better and such, but generally, always slows the car down. Example, an exhaust is pointless without CAI and/or Forced Induction, which, won't get it's full benifit unless more fuel is added, and the CPU turned to run in those perimaters. Factory cars are now tuned from the factory to get the maxium performance out of the set-up it comes with.

These trucks are pretty darn quick by normal standards, add that they are freakin heavy, and still functions as a full-duty truck, places everyone I took for a ride, in dis-belief.

Just to give you guys a first hand account with the 335ci heres my story. One night on the way to the g/f's house, I'm at a light next to this punk in his mommmys 335. I see his tach moving from out my window from the BMW nasty orange dash light and I figure he wants to run. I've taken down many 325cis and a 5 series once and close to my friends 6 series however, we left the light at the same time and he seriously walked me. I thought ooh..maybe I didnt have it all the way down (which I knew I did) so we catch the next light. Again, he proceeds to walk me by 3 cars at 80. I had my 00 5.3 xcab W4M tune, Intake, Exhaust, LS1 fans K&N and 3.73's out back. Proceeded to go home and look at the specs and my jaw totally dropped when I saw they were TT with like 330 horse. DAMN!!! Watch out for those 335's

Edited by 00silverad0 (see edit history)