horrific accident - stupidity kills...

My friend Bobby from bobby ore motorsports and called me today and told me this story that happened last night... i dont know all of the details but it is sad...

Bobby said he was driving towards detroit last night going through Kansas and along side of him came a pickup (ford) loaded down with a lot of stuff along with pulling a trailer that was way overloaded... doing about 85mph+ and once the truck passed bobby, about a minute or two after he lost sight of him, he came apon the second worst accident of his life, remember Bobby trains law enforcement and stunt drivers around the world, he has seen the worst of the worst... side note, bobby was the stunt corrdinator on the dukes of hazzard last year... did the stunts on the whole movie.. anyways...

apparently the truck lost control and had crossed the center divider and went airborne onto oncoming traffic... so high in fact when he hit the oncoming SUV it took the entire top off of the SUV along with the top of the drivers head along with it.... and the rest of the 5 passengers were ejected from the vehicle and consequently a the driver, a mom and her son were killed... Bobby is a first responder and he stopped to help... he was in disbelief... i was stunned when i heard all of the details, which i not tell in respect to the family.

just thought i'd share this so we can all give a moment of prayer/thoughts to their families...

i just started eating some leftover pizza before i as i started to read this and now i'm not so sure i can. WTF?!?!?! that is a horrible story. not even a story...

im guessing an overloaded van with a trailer was a band. i managed a local band. never went state to state, but i can see where this could happen.

sad for the innocent victims that were involved.

I pound the roads to the tune of about 80,000 miles a year for the past 7 years, and the stupidity out there is fenominal. I have seen many accidents happen right in front of me. Nothing tears up the human body quite like an automobile.

Sometimes I think there should be an special license and extra exam required to tow anything. It is a tricky business and you need to know some things to do it safely. Most trailer tires are only speed rated to 65-70 mph, and tend to fall apart if used at speeds in excess of their rating. Of course, nothing will stop an idiot.