Electric Fans?

jbrim

I've been swamped with PCM programming, but let me get the pricing done for this kit. I can offer it with or without the fans if you want to supply your own. I am putting this on my "get it done list" and will get this finished up. Sorry for the delays,

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryan thanks for all the testing and wiring you've been playing with. I meant to ask before, my diablo has a section for electric fans, but since the truck doesn't come with them it is blank. If I hook up fans to the pcm is it going to recognise them or do I have to get a custom tune from you also??

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the delays on the guys, I have been really swamped. But on the good side I have had a few weeks to test my truck with the wiring harness and it has been flawless so far. Yes, you would need the PCM custom programmed to tell it that it now has electric fans and when they need turned on.

Thanks,

bryan

Now that it is tested and true, let me gather up the parts costs and get started on these. I will build up a few and get the total figured out with the assembly labor (I will be having one of my guys build them as I just don't have the time myself). I am going to keep them very affordable though and they will include a pin for the PCM and install instructions.

Thanks,

Bryan

Now that it is tested and true, let me gather up the parts costs and get started on these. I will build up a few and get the total figured out with the assembly labor (I will be having one of my guys build them as I just don't have the time myself). I am going to keep them very affordable though and they will include a pin for the PCM and install instructions.

Thanks,

Bryan

Sweet Bryan, can't wait! Keep us posted!!

JOSH

• 1 month later...

How's everyones fans running?

Are there any bone-stock Flex-a-lite VSC people with NO problems?

Brian, any word on the kit? I'd be willing to purchse one RIGHT NOW, if they're available.

I just ordered fans, and checked the site here for install tips/hints. I completely forgot about this thread. I've got computer access, so I'd like to bypass these Flex-a-lite VSC headaches in one shot.

Thanks!

How's everyones fans running?

Are there any bone-stock Flex-a-lite VSC people with NO problems?

Brian, any word on the kit?  I'd be willing to purchse one RIGHT NOW, if they're available.

I just ordered fans, and checked the site here for install tips/hints.  I completely forgot about this thread.  I've got computer access, so I'd like to bypass these Flex-a-lite VSC headaches in one shot.

Thanks!

Mine had loose connections. I upgraded the wiring and this week, we implemented the tripple large relay to the PCM mod for the fans.

Edit... Well, Allen left the relays at home..., guess it will have to be another date. I'll keep everyone informed. Finish of Edit.

What is it that kills the batteries? Is it:

- the power that the fans draw...

- an internal problem with most/all F-a-L VSC's... or

- the way the F-a-L VSC handles cooling duties?

IMHO, I think it is 2 things. The fans on high for too long, draw too much amperage for the size 10 wires. They should use 8s. And secondly, the VSC on mine anyway, has some cheezy parts and some of them were loose when I originally bought it... and still are. You can wiggle the VSC on mine when the fans don't work and they will come on like they should. The little red light will come on and all seems fine. Just a pain in the A$$.

If that's the case, then even changing how they are controlled will not change that. Unless, whatever is doing the controlling doesn't ever have them on at 100%.

I think the battery is not suited for the type of draw the fan requires. A deep cycle battery would be better, I think. That and a slightly higher rated alternator, like 175-200amp. Deep cycle batteries are built for that kind of abuse.

I think the VSC is a piece of crap, although I haven't had any problems with mine. But, things like loose VSC or loose connections is controllable by me during the install.

The FLEX-A-LITE VSC sucks....I had 3 replaced and they don't last more then 8 hours and over here in AZ it HOT :fume: real HOT.

ALLEN from NelsonPerformance.com just made some relys to replace the VSC. I'm the 1st person to try them and they work GREAT!!. Give Allen a call or E-mail.

Archived