Finally... !

Yeah, I know how and where to get the actual kit (as far as bulbs and ballasts go), what I'm having made is the housings, so I can get TRUE hid projectors retrofitted into my truck... It will be a truly unique thing (because nobody else is dumb enough to spend $1000+ on headlights)...

DAMN $2K for HID projectors? Thats a lot ! Imagine if your front end got smashed up... insurance probably wouldnt even cover that unless you had additional coverage.

I like HIDs... but for that kind of money I would just get the HID kit from bgdsub for $100 or so and call it a day !!

DAMN $2K for HID projectors? Thats a lot ! Imagine if your front end got smashed up... insurance probably wouldnt even cover that unless you had additional coverage.

I like HIDs... but for that kind of money I would just get the HID kit from bgdsub for $100 or so and call it a day !!

It comes out to around $1200ish for the housings, the actual HID kit i'm looking at (ballasts, bulbs, wiring, relays, etc.) is only like, $300ish, and that's for a 50 watt kit...

It comes out to around $1200ish for the housings, the actual HID kit i'm looking at (ballasts, bulbs, wiring, relays, etc.) is only like, $300ish, and that's for a 50 watt kit...

You know what, I guess I didnt read your post the right way, for some reason I was thinking it was $875 for EACH headlight.. lol. That price is something I would expect then.

Still a lot of money for headlights though, but then again... how many people would have them? That would be pretty killer to see true retrofitted HIDs on a Silverado!

• 1 month later...

None yet, I'm building up the drive-train before I go crazy with cosmetics... It'll prolly be another year before I get around to ordering these... I really want to order them, but right now the money is better spent elsewhere...