Royal Purple

SS TowPig

was reading the owners manual for my SSS and it says only use oil that meets GM6094m standard....i have been using royal purple and noticed today that it meets GM4718M standard...is this ok? or does it really matter? i also noticed a sticker right behind my headlight that says not to dyno it because of AWD but mine is a 2WD, i guess the sticker is still on there because mines the year they changed to 2wd....well any help appreciated

your fine dont sweat it. Royal purple is a good oil and you are not hurting your engine if anything you doing it some good by putting a quality oil in there. Your just fine I assure you

The reason Royal Purple is not on that list is because GM6094M is API service SM oil and Royal Purple is API SL. The API SM oils have reduced the anti- wear package in the oil from 20- 35%. Royal Purple is going looking to make an SM oil as the reduction is not seen as a improvement, but a decline in protection. We are providing you with more protection than the other oils that are API SM. You will not have any problems running our oil and it is not going to damage your truck.

thats from "the man" at Royal Purple

Carefull with the Royal Purple, It was tested by Blackstone labs and said to be the worst performing oil to date, with high wear numbers and high shear. (trying to find where I read it so I can post the link)

find it yet?