Cowl Hood and windsheild wipers

fxstsmith

yep, i knew i wasn't the only one to do this...................................a million times. shit sucks cause it rally scratches the shit out if the corner. especially when the wipers are on intermitent, you open the hood, walk inside the gas station to get some washer fluid and come back and hear the bone crunching curdleing cruch of your hood getting slammed. i feel your pain

dont feel bad i did it too , twice. the first time was when i didnt know and first got the truck the 23nd time was when it was raining and i had it just repainted.

Holy crap man ... are you a glutton for punishment? ... 23nd times :)

just playing

:banghead: You must have a goodmark hood .............................. :ughdance:

Yep, its a goodmark. The body shop is going to love me :sigh: . I might as well have them touch up some more problem areas while its there. Might have them smooth the BSER roll pan in so there wont be any gaps. :dunno:

thats funny but then again its not. I have yet to do it because I know better but the guy who had the truck before me obviously did so I have yet to touch it up or whatever but I have yet to do it.

Don't open hood while windshield wipers are on! Most of you probably know this. Had a brain fart today after washing it and did it. Now I have a 2 inch scratch on the cowl :banghead:

I wish you had posted this about 2 months ago!!! I too learned the hard way about this problem!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I now have 3 sepeate gouge marks/scrapes on the lip, and a nice burn/raspberry mark on the cowl!!!! I was like WTF WTF WTF when I did it. Worst problem is, I had just had it re-painted due to some blemishes!!!

• 2 weeks later...