Door Cladding Came Loose

Rays B4U

A week or so ago early in the morning I was opening the passenger side door and heard a pop. I closed the door and carefully opened it again and heard the pop again. I got to checking and located the problem, the cladding on the door was hitting the steel edge of the front fender. I checked the cladding and found I could move it in and out about a 1/4 inch. The tape or adhesive they used to attach it had released and let it stick out further. First chance I got I bought some 3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive #08061 and glued it back down after cleaning under the molding as best I could. Fortunately I discovered the problem before anything more than cosmetic damage was done. The cladding did not bend so I should be able to get some touch up paint and fix it. Below is a picture of it.

post-1454-1185043284_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem and from what the dealer told me it is a common problem, my door cladding came loose in the searing Ontario, Ca heat. My cladding was creased so they ordered and painted to match; which was all done under warranty. I agree that they could of designed a better way of attaching the part but I assume it was done like that to cut costs. :rant: