Radix intercooler

I've officially torn into my radix project and getting ready to install everything. I have discovered I am missing a couple of small things, like the bracket for the intercooler resevoir that goes on the fuse box. I will probably just order one from magna hopefully...

My main question is that my intercooler looks ALOT different than the one in the pictures in the installation manual at magan chargers website. Theirs looks like bright aluminum, mine is black...and Theirs is HUGE compared to mine. Also mine has like earls fittings on it. My heat exchanger isnt much bigger than my B&M trans cooler...seriously...did I miss something here? Did I get screwed? The guy I bought it off of had it on a 2003 silverado ss...so I thought...I cant imagine anyone downgrading their intercooler. What do you think? I bet this kit is probably at least 3 years old...so maybe magna changed something. If they did, I'm going to order the bigger cooler from them.

Also, the intake gaskets...will any LS1 style intake to head gasket work? Or do I need a special gasket? There are little rubber gaskets in the relief on the supercharger right now, do I just use those? I would rather have new I think just as a safety precaution. Thanks.

You got the old style intercooler. I had that one as well and upgraded to the bigger Aluminum one. A wise upgrade IMO. BTW, are your idler pulleys adjustable or are they fixed on the bracket?

Do a search for the Fluidyne intercooler that Dave did (dcarins). An awesome upgrade that I may look into for the future.

what did they charge you for the upgrade? if it was as much as the fluidyne...ill just go that route...

I'm missing my tb intake gasket and that's it...my kit didn't come with a resevoir bracket.

that intercooler is small...

I hope zippy can whip up a stock radix blower file for me tomorrow to get this beast running...

Yes, the heat exchanger back in 03 was rather small.

Read here for some links on where to get the Fluidyne (04chase has some nice pics of his install as well)

HEAT EXCHANGER, where to buy/part numbers

Here is my install. Looking at 04chase's install, it looks like the Fluidyne has changed slightly since I did mine. There seems to be some extra metal on the bottom which makes it easier to mount the fans and lower mounting brackets.

Intercooler upgrage

It takes a bit of fabrication to fit it in, but is not difficult.