pulley survey and nitrous ?

popeye55

how many or you are running a 2.9 pulley vs 2.8 or 2.75? seems to be the idea or smaller then 2.9 raises I.A.T's to much.. anyone logged the different temps to verify this? Lingenfelder sells the 2.8 for there 6.0 vette upgrades.. just wondering!

instead of a meth kit could i run say a 50 shot of nitrous to help cool the intake charge??

you could run the nitrous to cool the charge yes. but it depends what your looking for , the nitrous will definatly net you more power but you cant spray it all the time like you can meth. so it comes down to when do you want.need the power.

I went with both the 2.9 and the 2.8 pulley and saw hardly any IAT change or boost change for that matter. Others may disagree. The 2.8 netted a slight boost increase with the same spark advance for me netting more power.

I look at it this way, If you spin the Radix faster with a small pulley, IAT's will increase faster and you will get into the area of the compressor efficiency map where you you don't want to be. Cure?,... shift earlier and make all of your supporting mods build power in the curve under 6K (cam for low end, lower stall converter, tune for TQ rather than high end HP, Bigger intercooler etc.). I didn't see much of a reduction in IAT's by spraying meth,...at any concentration. Fueling was improved alot though.

Now N2O,...Yea, it will lower your intake temps a good deal but like Chase said, you don't want to spray all the time do ya? Oh, I may or may not be spraying some nitrous come spring so i may have some info on that. :uhoh::devil:

Kranbo how big of a shot are you thinking? dry or wet.....? i have read the radix does not like fuel "wet it" runnign thru it...so would dry work??? just thinking...thanks

If I hit my 1/4 mile goal this fall, a 75 wet shot will be added to "finish off" the 6.0L in the spring. I want to do a different set-up so why not. N2O is corrosive and will damage the rotors OVER TIME. Spraying nitrous through the rotors like 5 times isn't going to hurt them IMHO,...unless you have a nitrous backfire :ughdance: I will be tearing dowwn the radix this winter and inspecting the rotors after spraying 1 1/2 years of meth through them.

If I hit my 1/4 mile goal this fall, a 75 wet shot will be added to "finish off" the 6.0L in the spring. I want to do a different set-up so why not. N2O is corrosive and will damage the rotors OVER TIME. Spraying nitrous through the rotors like 5 times isn't going to hurt them IMHO,...unless you have a nitrous backfire :ughdance: I will be tearing dowwn the radix this winter and inspecting the rotors after spraying 1 1/2 years of meth through them.

i can't imagine that n20 is anymore corrosive than meth. meth is nasty stuff and i've seen it eat through alot of stuff in people's engine bays.