Killed the Tranny

Yesterday, while heading towards the FD, I heard this loud clank noise, with a huge jolt, felt like something broke, but I ignored it at first, cause this truck does it all of the time. I coasted for awhile, and when I came to a complete stop at a stop sign, and started to go up the hill, she wouldn't climb. I had the gas floored, and the tach only stayed at 2,500 - 3,000 RPMs, and wouldn't shift, or even gain any speed. I kept letting off the gas, and getting back on it, and shifted from D to 3, and N, and none of it had any affect.... Took I70 to get back home, and the truck couldn't even get up to speed... took 3 miles to even get up to 50 MPH.

She isn't shifting, when she does, she doesn't get it right, and she is really screwed up. Calling/going to the Chevrolet dealer to check on possible repairs. The factory warrenty expires 7/31. Should cover the tranny, or anything else causing this problem!? Help?

Sorry man, yup tranny crapped out on you; your warranty will cover it, they'll swap the old one for a remanufactured one. Bad news is that the reman trannies have a worse track record than the originals. Make sure that you get in writing an extension on your warranty for the replacement tranny. GM should cover towing expenses to the dealer as well as a rental car for you, and if you play the firefighter card (that you must have a reliable vehicle at all times) maybe you'll get them on your good side and they'll make more than average effort to help you out.

Just curious, what are the tranny temps?

Mr. P.

Man whats up with all the trans lately

LOL they are 4l6x's thats the whole problem except in kelly's situation he is just weird. :crackup: j/p man to much power. and knock on wood, i sorta kinda tried to boost launch my truck a few days ago and it did a weird hesitation, but it could have been since i stalled to 3k than went to about 50% throttle. if mine breaks i hope it does it soon so i can have it rebuilt before i hit the dyno and spray the shit out of it.

Was there something I was doing really wrong? Only had 28,000 miles... and there is a bowtie on the front, not an oval, so it should not be crapping out on me like this. Just wondering, cause if you remember, I just lost two injectors, and they needed replaced in May, and the warrenty is up on the 31st.

:withstupid: thats all im saying man, the injectors were just bad luck lol. and btw, i wouldnt put the oval down so quickly..... my buddys HD F-150 makes 470wtq, and he just plain beats it senseless, and it has 50k miles and he didnt do ANY services but engine oil changes, with non-syn, every 7-8k miles. as soon as i got ahold of it i flushed the BLACK fluid out of the tranny, and did all other services. that truck might shift like shit, but it still shifts none-the-less. it even tows in constant boost, well over its capacity. point is, he is on his original tranny, and i went thru two of our factory bowtie trannys in less than one fifth of his miles.... dont get me wrong, that truck is all in all a POS, but it does have a better stock tranny LOL

OK, now I know this crappy GM Certified Dealership is messing with me. They claim as to why the tranny doesn't shift, won't kick down, and everything is due to a collasped fuel line (which they replaced in May cause of bad injectors). Alright, drove it for two days, and NO check engine light of any kind, when you floor it, she stood at 3,000 RPM's and never missed, choked, or had anything weird from the engine. The engine feels like it has it's full power, which how could it do that, if it had a collasped fuel line?

I'm not saying I'm an expert, but something doesn't add up to me.... Could this 'collasped' fuel line really be what's causing all of this, or are they just not wanting to tell me what the problem is, cause of a GM screw up? When she goes up to 3,000 RPM's and doesn't shift, nor climb, she sounds pretty mean, feels like she has no power loss, also, you feel the truck "lean" forward until you let you're foot off the gas. Still don't see how a fuel issue would prevent the tranny from shifting... even when I manually place it in 1, 2, 3, D myself.

OK, now I know this crappy GM Certified Dealership is messing with me. They claim as to why the tranny doesn't shift, won't kick down, and everything is due to a collasped fuel line (which they replaced in May cause of bad injectors). Alright, drove it for two days, and NO check engine light of any kind, when you floor it, she stood at 3,000 RPM's and never missed, choked, or had anything weird from the engine. The engine feels like it has it's full power, which how could it do that, if it had a collasped fuel line?

I'm not saying I'm an expert, but something doesn't add up to me.... Could this 'collasped' fuel line really be what's causing all of this, or are they just not wanting to tell me what the problem is, cause of a GM screw up? When she goes up to 3,000 RPM's and doesn't shift, nor climb, she sounds pretty mean, feels like she has no power loss, also, you feel the truck "lean" forward until you let you're foot off the gas. Still don't see how a fuel issue would prevent the tranny from shifting... even when I manually place it in 1, 2, 3, D myself.

Dude they're f'n with you - even if we pretend that your trans problems were caused by an outside issue that would not explain the tranny temp overheating.

Anyhow, it's all moot - as a warranty customer you do not need to care why the truck does not run like new, and they don't have to say or do anything except return your truck to you in good order. If I were me in your situation I would tell the service manager that you don't believe that for one minute but it does not matter - when they are done with your truck you expect it to run exactly like one of the new ones on the dealer's lot; for drama you can even test drive a new Silverado and then compare to your repaired SSS, they should behave almost identically and tell the dealer anything less will involve the area GM warranty rep.

Mr. P.