This whole price thing has got me irked!

UBDSLO1

Well, I see Gm is up to thier price gouging again. This makes me to have an unpleasant mood. So, roughly, 42k for the SSS. that is a LOT of money for not a whole lot of performance.

I can just see the regular cab(if GM makes one) pricing now. For 30k, you get a 395hp NA SS. but it will be a bare bones truck, with a bench seat and VINYL floor!!!!! then add on another 5k for "market adjustment", and then an "Additional Dealer markup" of say 3 to 5k more. so now you have a 38 to 40 K bare bones truck!!! :( I guess that the price for the ext cab SS is not so bad afterall. :rolleyes: now, I don't know what I'll buy.

on a side note, I hope that GM does make the reg. cab. but I hope that it tows, and can carry a payload, and have different trim levels. Like, power windows, locks, etc. maybe bucket seats. I just don't know what GM is thinking these days. and I'm a GM fan, my whole family has worked for GM, one time or another. I think that Ford has got the perfprmance thing right, even if they do stick a blower on their SVT products. the Lightning is looking better every day. :uhoh: did I just say that???

what do you guys think???

Well, I see Gm is up to thier price gouging again. This makes me to have an unpleasant mood. So, roughly, 42k for the SSS. that is a LOT of money for not a whole lot of performance.

I can just see the regular cab(if GM makes one) pricing now. For 30k, you get a 395hp NA SS. but it will be a bare bones truck, with a bench seat and VINYL floor!!!!! then add on another 5k for "market adjustment", and then an "Additional Dealer markup" of say 3 to 5k more. so now you have a 38 to 40 K bare bones truck!!! :( I guess that the price for the ext cab SS is not so bad afterall. :rolleyes: now, I don't know what I'll buy.

on a side note, I hope that GM does make the reg. cab. but I hope that it tows, and can carry a payload, and have different trim levels. Like, power windows, locks, etc. maybe bucket seats. I just don't know what GM is thinking these days. and I'm a GM fan, my whole family has worked for GM, one time or another. I think that Ford has got the perfprmance thing right, even if they do stick a blower on their SVT products. the Lightning is looking better every day. :uhoh: did I just say that???

what do you guys think???

I think if you take the difference in price of the SS and my 2003 Silverado LS SCSB 4.8 5-Speed. And give me that money to spend (which I'll admit at the moment I dont have) I could build my 4.8 into a truck that could beat the RC concept SS (without an engine swap).

So yea........OVERPRICED

I have been a true blue GM fan for 30 years, and the other brands are starting to look better, as a result of the BS GM is up to.

To start with, my current ride is a 2000 1/2 ton Silv LS...pretty bone stock. But it is only a 3 door ext cab. GM didnt make the fourth door available till mid year that year, and I couldnt wait.

And gawd knows they engineered these trucks for four doors, the competion had four doors on the market for years b4 GM`s redesign. What could their motive have been to hold back on releasing 4 doors?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....trade ins for 4 doors? This one still PO`s me!!!

And now this SS pricing debacle!!!!!!

Not to mention the fact their their corporate vehicle design team must smoke crack to put Azzteks and Avalanches on the lots.

About ready to send a stronger message and cancel my SSS order....o.k. I`ll calm down now........

yup ,I know what you mean. I have driven GM cars all my life too, but am looking at "brand X" too. I would really love to buy a new SSS, but the price is just too much for me. I'm going to wait to see if GM will produce the reg cab SS. :rolleyes: yeah right. :rolleyes:

Archived