tranny trouble soon

vmax2fast

Got the tranny serviced recently and the guy says "your gonna need a tranny very soon" lots of metal on the magnet... DAMNIT!!! shouldn't have done just the tune w/o the shift kit :banghead: My question is should I still get a kit and put it in, drive it like it is untill she goes and try to get it covered under my warranty, or get a new tune w/ TM put back in? If I get the shift kit and put it in is it less likely to be covered? I still have my stock pcm to switch back in when she goes but should I do this before it goes? Thanks for any help/suggestions Zippy, guys!!

But will they warranty it before it completely quits? And I'll definetly be getting the whole shift kit.... no f'n around this time. Do you think there is any way if I offer to pay for the difference they would do a 4l80e? Or can they just install what was originally offered in the truck?

But will they warranty it before it completely quits? And I'll definetly be getting the whole shift kit.... no f'n around this time. Do you think there is any way if I offer to pay for the difference they would do a 4l80e? Or can they just install what was originally offered in the truck?

There is no chance of them doing an 80E. More than likely they will just replace or rebuild what is in the truck currently. The worse it gets, the harder you need to drive it.