Amber delete questions

lewis

I saw a couple of guys with amber deletes done and it looks sick. I'm curious as to how it is done and how much it cost. Also i am going to install a 2/3 drop with belltech 2" drop spindles, groundforce torsion keys, belltech 3" drop leaf springs. Is this going to give me a raked look or will it be close to level and will i have any trouble with rubbing with 22's. Thanks for any help.

I saw a couple of guys with amber deletes done and it looks sick. I'm curious as to how it is done and how much it cost. Also i am going to install a 2/3 drop with belltech 2" drop spindles, groundforce torsion keys, belltech 3" drop leaf springs. Is this going to give me a raked look or will it be close to level and will i have any trouble with rubbing with 22's. Thanks for any help.

that's what I have for a drop. I plan on taking some pics this week. I have had no rub on my 22's. only when I first installed my Volant downtube, but that was a quick fix.

for the amber delete, I did a search the other day and it was a pain in the ass to find a link to the how-to, but I think I looked under "clear corners" and "amber delete" to find it. there was a link in one of the threads. from what I've been told, it's a huge 4 hr or so pain.

actually, I just found it. http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10847 I found it while searching "oven"

I found a set of rims but i don't know if i need 12mm or 14mm offset and also with a 2/3 drop what size tires should i run.

Headlights is hands-down one of the hardest but best mods - $40 and a weekend, read the posted how-to. A 2/3 drop will leave a 1" rake which is perfect IMO and remember that you can still adjust the torsion bars down another 1/2" if need-be; since you have a 2005 the Belltech spindles are probably the correct ones but you're going to have to double-check as you've got one of the bastard '05 AWD trucks, I believe that you cannot use the McGaughys because of the redesigned/better lower ball joint & brakes. And there is little fear of rubbing with stock-height tires (32" to 32.5" tall).

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Headlights is hands-down one of the hardest but best mods - $40 and a weekend, read the posted how-to. A 2/3 drop will leave a 1" rake which is perfect IMO and remember that you can still adjust the torsion bars down another 1/2" if need-be; since you have a 2005 the Belltech spindles are probably the correct ones but you're going to have to double-check as you've got one of the bastard '05 AWD trucks, I believe that you cannot use the McGaughys because of the redesigned/better lower ball joint & brakes. And there is little fear of rubbing with stock-height tires (32" to 32.5" tall).

Mr. P. :)

Thanks for the help Mr. P

a 2/3 drop will leave it slightly raked but if your going to do spindles and keys your gonna be at 3 inches in the front....most likely the springs in the b ack will be more than 3 inches as well if they turn out like mine or kelley's or outsource's.