Marines

DaJoker SS

Well i leave to marines bootcamp August 6. I chose Motor Transport- Organizational Automotive Mechanic for my MOS. Its been fun being on the site and thanks for all the support and see you guys in 13 weeks. And i take a great deal of pride serving our COUNTRY!!! :flag:

Good luck man! :flag: I've been in the military for 5 years now and it definately takes balls to do what most people don't want to do. I wish you all the luck and have fun a boot camp :seeya:

Good luck and stay positive! This will be a huge experience in your life. I will never forget my experience that I had doing my four years ('84-'88) in the military. (That was a long time ago :shakehead: ) :cheers:

This is my rifle.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

I must fire my rifle true.

I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.

I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire,

the noise of our bursts, nor the smoke we make.

We know it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life.

Thus, I will learn it as a brother.

I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories,

its sights, and its barrel.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.

I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.

We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed.

My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country.

We are the masters of our enemy.

We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until there is no enemy, but PEACE.

-- Maj Gen WH Rupertus

1. Take charge of this post and all government property in view.

2. Walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

3. Report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

4. To repeat all calls [from posts]more distant from the guardhouse than my own.

5. Quit my post only when properly relieved.

6. To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Officer of the Day, Officers, and Non-Commissioned Officers of the guard only.

7. Talk to no one except in the line of duty.

8. Give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

9. To call the Corporal of the Guard in any case not covered by instructions.

10. Salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.

11. Be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority

you might want to learn these. Good luck. If you have a friend post your address I am sure people on here will write the private DaJokerSS. Where are you going to Boot Camp?

Good luck and hope to see you haze gray and under way.

Hey man, good to hear your stepping up. Takes alota balls and you should be very proud of yourself and absolutly ALWAYS take pride in your decision and your country, you will learn many things in basic that civilians do not understand. I had spent about a year talking to a recruiter on and off and training with them. I was going to use my certs to advance in the core but decided to stay local. Also wanted to add that I purchased my rims and tires from DaJokerSS, great kid in all aspects. P.S. get ready for "The Island" and those sand fleas haha.. Seriously, if you want any help trying to cram in some training before you get shipped out, call me or pm me and I'll meet up with you and help you out with whatever I can. :flag:

from one service to another thanx for what your doing. Not everyday somebody makes the decision to fight for our country. And just remember as long as you are in basic you dont know shit and never will know shit