test drove a 6.2

eddieo818

ok so ive thinking of getting a suv for a very long time now, so yesterday after i dropped off the truck @ the body shop i headed over to the chevy/caddilac dealer and man did i fall in love with the power those new escalades have under the hood! so i might go back this weekend and get it. i am gonna get it in pearl white or white diamond as GM calls it, im getting all the extras except for the assit step and the rear entertainment system. yes guys this means i will have AWD!!

Great! Now just get yourself the new 6.2L blower from magnacharger and you will have a superior SUV driving machine! I'm sure you can get it into the mid 13's with a blower. The escalades are exceptionally nice and I have thought about upgrading as well, but I just love the SSS too much, especially with the new found power of a blower...made it a whole new truck for me.

One thing I want to point out about the supercharger. Many people think it is just about WOT acceleration...NO...its not! Since having the radix kit, I find myself passing people with ease, commanding my spot on the road. I can attempt passes and lane changes that I normally would never have even thought of trying. And I'm not talking about speeding, I'm talking about the ability to pass the 55mph guy in the left lane in a 65mph zone. I dont understand how people can drive vehicles that have no power...guess those are people with all the time in the world!

Get luck on the new caddy and stick around to give pictures and updates on upgrades.

P.S. Ask the dealer if they would be willing to finance in a RADIX install...many will do it to get the deal done...seriously...most people dont know to ask. All the caddy dealers in Michigan that I know of (and some chevy dealers with corvettes, etc.) would send out the vehicle to lingenfelter to get done and then add it to the msrp as a dealer installed option...Now, lingenfelter isnt the cheapest place, but you might be able to arrange something with a supporting vendor and have the dealer mechanics do it...its worth a try if you can afford it. Cheaper than throwing it on a credit card when tempted.

i love the new caddys....but was not impressed with the power from the motor.....my mom just got the new 07 caddy EXT with every option....it does not feel fast...i mean its fast for how big it is....but my SS would kill it....just feels like it has no torque...JMO

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...9629&hl=EXT

Edited by Oo p0op oO (see edit history)

okay so i just got off the phone with the sales women asked about the blower she said she would have to speak to manger and to RPD department RPD meaning rydell performance design. rydell cadillac is the dealer name

The EXT is a turd compared to the SUV...1,500lbs in weight difference + gearing etc. Now, the EXT is faster than its avalanche counterpart, but lacks the offroad capabilities the avi has.

yea i figured the SUV would be faster....but still...wasnt all that impressed with the new and improved engine....esp for 70+ grand

Edit: i really think if the EXT had a custome tune it would be a night and day difference....

Edited by Oo p0op oO (see edit history)

yea i figured the SUV would be faster....but still...wasnt all that impressed with the new and improved engine....esp for 70+ grand

Edit: i really think if the EXT had a custome tune it would be a night and day difference....

70 grand???? wow did your mom pay that much for her truck?? The price i got was 62 and that was with all the options.

lol i dont know how much she paid...but i know it was more then 65....i think it was more around 70K but she had monitors installed in the headrests and shit......she got them when they first came out......but i dont know exactly how much....60K-70K whats the diff. haha

lol i dont know how much she paid...but i know it was more then 65....i think it was more around 70K but she had monitors installed in the headrests and shit......she got them when they first came out......but i dont know exactly how much....60K-70K whats the diff. haha

yeah you got a point there it is a lot of money.

update: blower for escalade way too expensive through dealer!!! i told my sales women she was crazy! well guys tommorows my big day!! i already have my guy @ valley custom audiofanatics building my custom sub box! i will post pics.

i belive the denali is only available in crew cab

Edited by eddie da chevy guy (see edit history)

Yeah, but the crew cab still weighs less than an SSS by about 100lbs!!! Only other down side is the 3.42 gearing vs our 4.10...

How much did they want for the blower? Lingenfelter charges like $8k installed. Oh...and Magna now will finance blowers I believe.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)