TBSS vs. new tundra

mattstbss

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're ever out in Natchitoches, LA I'll bite.

:)

I'm in New Iberia right now............... but I'm driving a 05 4dr silverado HD with a 6.0. (Company truck)

Left the Viper at the house....................but maybe some day:)

And there is NO way in Hel that a 5.7 gas engine beats a 650 lbft real truck.

Edited by BigIke (see edit history)

:)

I'm in New Iberia right now............... but I'm driving a 05 4dr silverado HD with a 6.0. (Company truck)

Left the Viper at the house....................but maybe some day:)

And there is NO way in Hel that a 5.7 gas engine beats a 650 lbft real truck.

Your about a good 4-5 drive away, I'm going up to Red River Raceway on the 24th if you wanna come. It's right above Shreveport, LA. If not, hope to see ya on the road one day, hopefully after I get my supercharger :)

no no no. the tundra's TOTAL weight was 7400 lbs. and the Duramax was actually pulling 7400 lbs. :crackup:

Not True. All the trucks tested pulled the same 7,400 pound trailer. The Tundra was the fastest of the bunch with a 0-60 time of 16.1 seconds. The Duramax did it in 17.0 seconds.

i don't care if they did actually outrun a duramax in that scenario, i'd MUCH rather have a duramax over a tundra

Amen to that.

Mike

on average what does a tundra run at the track???

The Consumer Reports article list the Tundra's 0-60 as 6.7 seconds empty and the quarter in 15.3 seconds. Consumer Reports is usually pretty conservative on those numbers when compared to Road and Track, or Car and Driver. I don't think they correct for weather, where the other two magazines do.

Just for comparison:

The Duramax ran 8.4 and 16.6 seconds respectively in the same test.

The Silverado 1500 5.3 ran 8.5 and 16.5 seconds.

The Turd F-150 ran 8.8 and 16.7.

The Turd F-250 Powerstroke ran 9.8 and 17.6.

The Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi ran 7.9 and 16.0.

The Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins ran 9.1 and 17.1.

All of them appeared to be Crew Cab configuration.

Mike

i ran this guy again this past weekend. he said he took the tune off, and his truck got faster. we raced 2 times.

first time he got a half truck jump on me, by the 1/8 i only had maybe a half truck on him.

second time, we left even and i had about my full truck on him.

we all called major BS. we race and he has a tune and i pull 2 trucks on him. we race a couple weeks later and he stays within a car with me???

Your about a good 4-5 drive away, I'm going up to Red River Raceway on the 24th if you wanna come. It's right above Shreveport, LA. If not, hope to see ya on the road one day, hopefully after I get my supercharger :)

You'll need it!! :)

The SC that is. But alas the Viper is in Houston, Next to the Magnum SRT8.... and I'm stuck in cajun hell for the next month at least.....................

You'll need it!! :)

The SC that is. But alas the Viper is in Houston, Next to the Magnum SRT8.... and I'm stuck in cajun hell for the next month at least.....................

Haha, maybe I'll catch ya next time I go to the track. I'ma try to go once a month, I'll make sure to send you an invite for the next time. Look forward to it :)

I guess what I was trying to say is that they dont need a 'performance edition' to get good numbers and performance, thats their base trucks pretty much.. the SS is suppost to be the fast, sportier version and its not even faster than Toyotas pretty much standard motor.

I see a lot more 4.7 (standard)pigs around than the 5.7, just like more 5.3 :chevy: than v-max's(especially SS's)... And that's how I view my v-max, just an option for a bigger engine/drivetrain made for towing purposes, exactly like the yota, an option to upgrade.... like you said after that post hopefully this puts chevy in the mindframe to get back on top!!

btw....

nice kill matt..... i call :icon_bs: also! there is always some excuse, not just "damn, my ass has just been handed to me!"

Edited by vmax2fast (see edit history)

i ran this guy again this past weekend. he said he took the tune off, and his truck got faster. we raced 2 times.

first time he got a half truck jump on me, by the 1/8 i only had maybe a half truck on him.

second time, we left even and i had about my full truck on him.

we all called major BS. we race and he has a tune and i pull 2 trucks on him. we race a couple weeks later and he stays within a car with me???

First of all, as far as I know there is no way to even tune the new Tundra. So I'm not sure what he meant by "i took my tune off." I think this guy is full of it :icon_bs:

I didn't notice, was this a double cab or regular cab btw?