TBSS vs. new tundra

mattstbss

we have to remember that the SS was designed and released in 2003 and this is a truck that is five years later which in todays world is a big difference!!! for a chevy truck that is five years old in design, the toyota shold almost be ashamed to be run down or not be able to run from our amazing SSS! One last thing, people have to remember also that the reason toyata is packin so much power and kind of nissan also is because there titan and tundra are the biggest trucks they have so they must be strong if they want to put them in the real pickup world of the HD and super duty trucks, we all know they stand know real chance against any of those trucks when a trailer is hooked up and or a steep grade is added into the mix!!!

of course they can...didn't you hear that the tundra can pull 10,000lbs up a 20% grade?? :crackup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im just scared that when i get to the line with all that weight behind me and a tundra pulling the same weight is next to me, that im gonna get killed. i usually put as much weight in my truck as possible, hook up the boat and load that up to, and THEN go race.

gotta love their commercials.

im just scared that when i get to the line with all that weight behind me and a tundra pulling the same weight is next to me, that im gonna get killed. i usually put as much weight in my truck as possible, hook up the boat and load that up to, and THEN go race.

gotta love their commercials.

I'm waiting for the commercial that shows the cams breaking lol :jester:

I'm waiting for the commercial that shows the cams breaking lol :jester:

Call me evil :devil: , but I was hoping on the commercial that the driver hit the brakes a few feet too late and plummeted to a fiery crash in the Grand Canyon to demonstrate the crash safety ratings for the Toyota.

:jester:

Call me evil :devil: , but I was hoping on the commercial that the driver hit the brakes a few feet too late and plummeted to a fiery crash in the Grand Canyon to demonstrate the crash safety ratings for the Toyota.

hahahahaha, i thought the same exact thing when i first saw that commercial. there's one up here in anchorage that has glasspacks on it. and i thought twice about racing it when we happened to be lined up.

hahahahaha, i thought the same exact thing when i first saw that commercial. there's one up here in anchorage that has glasspacks on it. and i thought twice about racing it when we happened to be lined up.

Glasspacks on a Toyota? Isnt that like a 450lb obese woman with breast implants and botox?

The great thing about those commercials some of you may not know. The truck is pulling 5,000lbs and the truck itself weighs 5,500+ so thats where they get their 10,000lbs towing capacity BS. Some chevy dealers in the midwest have started an ad campaign about how Toyota is full of BS...Ill have to find some youtube videos or the articles on Jalopnik.com Here is the article...Interesting read: Toyota Tundra and the myth of 10,000lb Commercial

Plus Toyota just got a 4-star rating on Front -End Crash Test...Where as Chevy, Dodge and Ford all had 5 stars...Maybe thats why Toyota is giving huge cashback bonuses to hide their black-eye

According to the Detriot News, Toyota is looking into a "voluntary" recall for all 5.7 V8s because of the camshaft issue and a few other various engine "issues." Talk about a HUGE voluntary recall

Whats funny is all the people who still think Toyotas are the best trucks out there, that they will run 'forever' ... what a joke. Their V8s are brand new and full of problems.. how long have they been producing a V8 powered truck? Only a few years compared to Dodge/Chevy/Ford.. they need to just go back to only making 4 bangers and some v6's...

we all know they stand know real chance against any of those trucks when a trailer is hooked up and or a steep grade is added into the mix!!!

Well, I'm no fan of those Tundras (I think they are pretty damn ugly), but Consumer Reports magazine tested the new Tundra against a Duramax diesel 0-60 while pulling a 7,400 pound trailer. The Tundra beat the Duramax by almost a full second. Pretty impressive (but still ugly).

Mike

Well, I'm no fan of those Tundras (I think they are pretty damn ugly), but Consumer Reports magazine tested the new Tundra against a Duramax diesel 0-60 while pulling a 7,400 pound trailer. The Tundra beat the Duramax by almost a full second. Pretty impressive (but still ugly).

Mike

no no no. the tundra's TOTAL weight was 7400 lbs. and the Duramax was actually pulling 7400 lbs. :crackup:

i don't care if they did actually outrun a duramax in that scenario, i'd MUCH rather have a duramax over a tundra