Alpine IVA-W200

Local car stereo dealer says this will not fit in an SS without cutting up the dash. I get a different picture from some of the posts on this site. I want a good unit but honestly don't know if i need touch screen. I'm not going to watch a movie on it and neither is the passenger. The kids have good eyesight, but they're not going to watch from the back seat. So, touch screen probably not necessary. Still want mp3, wav, a/v outs, and so on and so forth and all that stuff, but maybe unit without screen. Thanks for any input.

I have a double din...you NEED to cut the rear support bracket out if the dash...its a pain to install if you dont but no you dont have to. I highly recommend it though. but go for it if thats the one you like...alpine is a very high end name...im sure you wont be dissapointed

post-11006-1186014156_thumb.jpg

post-11006-1186014194_thumb.jpg

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)

tell them they are nuts!!! should go right in, as for that brace. REAL easy mod that I wouldnt even tell my customer I did it if I had too. I say find another ALPINE dealer. shit Best Buy could even do it...

as for the deck, I want one, I will have one soon.... so I say do it up!!