Is this true?

Murtaza

http://autos.msn.com/vip/usedrelover.aspx?...lid=443&src=vip

If someone here actually owns a 1987-1992 Chevrolet Camaro IROC / Z28 please let me know.. is this true? Do you have problems starting the car or with the engine? If so, I REALLY need to know.. I am considering buying this as my first car.. and if it's going to be too much trouble I might as well just get some Import :uhoh::nono::nonod:

Murtaz-

They rate my 91 s-10 as having significant engine problems. I have 180k on the engine, and have only had to fix worn valve seals, a fairly common problem to any engine these days.

After I clicked on the red X I discovered that the problem is with the 4cyl engine, not my v6. MSN's red X is kinda over-genrealized.

Here is what is said about your Camero:

Common problems on this vehicle are failures of the Coolant Fan Temperature Switch (VIN E TBI-V8 engine only), the Fuel Injectors (V6 engine only) and the Electronic Control Module (ECM), and a periodic problem is failure of the Fuel Injectors (PFI-V8 engine only). Failures of the Fuel Injectors may prevent the vehicle from starting.The cost to repair the Coolant Fan Temperature Switch is estimated at $9.00 for parts and $19.50 for labor.The cost to repair the Fuel Injectors (V6 engine) is estimated at $126.00 each for parts (total of 6) and $175.50 for labor.The cost to repair the ECM is estimated at $134.00 for parts and $65.00 for labor.The cost to repair the Fuel Injectors (PFI-V8 engine) is estimated at $134.00 each for parts (total of 8) and $338.00 for labor.All prices are estimates based on $65 per flat rate hour and do not include diagnostic time or any applicable sales tax.

Does not sound like a show stopper to me.

Besides, do you really want to drive some front wheel drive import, with a fart cannon and "bling bling" wheels? :jester:

Archived