Beater Of The Month contest

misterp

OK we have the SSS TOTM contest, and these are some awesome rides. But my SS is stranded in the garage on jackstands and I'm driving a car I borrowed from my adopted folks; last night on the freeway it dawned on me we need to have a Beater Of The Month contest to proudly display our daily drivers which might be slightly less than p.i.m.p. :D And don't just assume that because you're rollin a '93 Accord that it qualifies (well, it probalby does!) I'm talking the kind of car you can only afford after a second divorce. The kind of car you don't wash. Or don't care if it gets more door dings. Or stolen. Just so we have some judging criteria, I'm looking for the following:

* multiple brands/models of tires (bonus - different sizes) * non-functional doors or windows or locks (bonus - broken glass) * missing hubcaps * coat-hangers, bungee cords, or duct tape anywhere on/in car (bonus - taped taillights) * AM/FM/Cassette (bonus - it eats tapes; double bonus - Nirvana cassette in car; triple bonus - Kraco) * busted/loud exhaust * dead climate control, no A/C or heat * busted/missing glove box door, or console, or door panels, etc * can only drive with two feet * peel-n-stick tint job * any pimpin' accessories available at Wal-Mart (air freshener, steering wheel/seat/seatbelt covers, bonus - plastic chain-link license plate trim, wiper leds) * saftey inspection problem (bald tire, busted light, bad brakes) * primer, bondo, rust-out, multiple colors, or severely distressed paint (bonus - spray paint touch-up) * Rims, paint, stereo, or bling far exceeding car's market value * underhood/mechanical distress, non-functional guages (bonus - smoke; double bonus - loud clattering) * original (dead) shocks * food on floorboards or stuck in upholstery (bonus - vomit stains) * permanent bad smell - cigs, fast food (bonus - vomit smell) * ripped or missing carpet/floormat * dents and dings (more is better) * hanging wires * garbage/trash (bonus - dripping trash) * etc - anything else you can think of that makes your DD that special ride.

This is of course all on the honor system, we'll trust you when you say your floorboard smells like piss or that it's got a lifter rattle so bad it's heard on the next block. And I promise to post-up pics of my hooptie later this weekend. :lol:

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even think I have pics of my DD. It's a 1995 Grand Prix SE 2 door. I guess it's white. I never wash it so it's different colors based on mud and other stuiff that's on it. Car smells like old people. Original owner leased it for 5 years then bought it on a 5 year plan so I'm the 2nd owner. It has 52,000 miles on it when I got it. Low milage for an old fart car I guess. Headliner is coming down in the back and front. The center console arm rest is broken off so when I open it, it just comes off. Turn signals are manual because something is messed up. I checked the bulbs and fuses so who the freak knows why they don't work. :banghead: I had to put new tires on it last year and the rims got abused but I didn't care. Car doesn't look bad but it drives like $hit. Trans acts crazy jumping around the gears. This is really funny when I'm going 10-15 mph and I'm in 3rd gear :driving: so I have to manually put it into 2nd or 1st sometimes. I'll see if I can take pics tonight and post. :crackup:

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)

Ooh yeah! I think I can win this one. I'll post up pics as soon as I can. I've got the ugliest Nissan 240SX. I think I've washed it 3 times in the year and a half that I've owned it! It has no suspension (struts are blown out) and a nice dent in the right front fender.

Edited by RacerJJ (see edit history)

does it have to be your daily driver or can it be a car you own or owned????

Sorry I didn't qualify that better - I would love to hear any fond junker memories but they have to be first-hand; you need to have owned or ridden in the car. But, to be considered for the BOTM contest yes you have to tell us about a puddle-jumper you currently own and on occasion drive instead of your truck. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

the last car i has could qualify. it was a 93 nissan NX had a large dent in it and starting to rot out that my g/f paid $250 for. i washed it way to many times.(3 in 3 months) and cleaned it out occationally, but only when the smell of rotting mcdonalds started bothering me. it came with a free deck in it(which was the most expensive peice it had) and i grebbed a bunch of 3rd brake lights off the astro/safari vans because they were the led style and put them under the seat with s swich i found in a civic and a bunch of speaker wire. i also got a set of nice® wheels for it off a civic and got them refinished in gunmetal. it was a 5speed so i drove the crap out of it alot and finally blew the clutch out of it. about a week and a half after me and the father-in-law spent the weekend putting a new one in, i blew a 3'' by 2'' hole in the block after it was knockin like a mother for about a mile and a bit. so i scrapped it. man i miss that digital tach. but now i have my silverado so i am good now. the other car i has was a 91 swift that i got from my moms b/f for 100 bucks. had a red door and i put a huge neon spoiler on it. i drove it from vancouver to toronto and it dropped a cylinder just as i started with a whopping top speed of 140km DOWNHILL. i did it in 2 1/2 days. lived off of redbull :D. so there is my story for the BOTM. i will see if i got any pics left at home.

Edited by Mung Man (see edit history)

Alright people.. My first car was a 1995 Plymouth Neon Highline Sedan.. Got it for 1300 bucks! It went through two transmissions! One day while i was skipping my fourth period class in school, my water pump decided to lock up! Luckily when the officer pulled behind me he didn't ask any questions about how old I was! Get the thing towed home, then that night replace the water pump and timing belt. Go to crank her up, then find out she's runnin like crap.. Take it back apart to make sure we lined everything up right, an sure enough everything is as it should be. Next day after i rip the head off, i discover i have three bent valves. All in all that little mishap cost me around $1000 bucks! Took about two months to fix cause I was only sixteen an workin at Papa Johns! Had to replace all the rear brake lines because they corroded so bad that one of them ruptured. But when i finally sold it for $1000, everything was mechanically sound!

Image012.jpg

Image011.jpg

There used to be about a 2" deep dent in that fender, bondo bondo and more bondo... Not to shabby for a 16 year old kid painting for the first time?

Image013.jpg

Checkout the sweet muffler! LOL... Really don't know what i was thinkin..

My 1st car was an old buick regal. Must have been an early 80's model. Mom got a new car(we were pretty poor) so she gave it to me for my 1st car. The car run ok besides it leaked oil really bad. I mean I had to add a quart of oil every day. I made the joke to a friend that when I pulled into a gas station I had to tell them to fill up the oil and check the gas lol :crackup: I kept a case of oil in the trunk. The oil leaked so bad that when I would drive it to school. It would smoke like crazy after school when I started it up. The car had plenty of rust in the doors and other places. The driver door was also messed up where it would barley close. It finally got to the point where the door had to be shut and locked so I had to slide into the window to get into the car. Many times I did my Bo Luke hood slide to get into my super car. I also treated it like the general lee one crazy weekend. I had 3 friends in the car cruising the back roads. The gravel road ran parallel to the rail road tracks so there was a perfect ramp to test out my general lee. First time we hit it doing like 30 and jumped pretty good. I got brave and did it again going about 60. The car really flew that day and landed hard. The bottom of the dash dropped, the rear window speakers(6X9's) went flying hitting my friends and the "locked door" flew open. Lord knows the shocks were $hit after that 2nd flight. That car was lots of fun even if it did smoke like crazy and looked pretty bad.

sold it last month so i guess i dont fit the qualifications, but at least i replaced it with the camaro. to think i could have bought more than 20 of these with the price i paid for the camaro

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

1989 nissan hardbody , with only 95k on it. 5 speed no a/c and an alpine system that got jacked. paid 800 sold for 1250 10k and a year later.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

well since the truck is now a garage ordiment, and my blazer is still at bodyshop my daily beater is this

blk041kRR006.jpg

yes i know not much of a beater but its my daily till my blazer is done

well i dont have this firebird anymore... sold it almost 2 years ago but did use it to run around with instead of my 05 silvy.. in the video i replaced the missing window and primered it.

i'd like to see whos going to top this!.. :jester:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2ea716b...97e014ca42d.htm

post-8665-1186099370_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1186099441_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1186099448_thumb.jpg