Weird Fuel Issue

I have had a starange occurance hapen twice now. When the temperatures get @ 95 degrees outside and my feul level gets at 1/4 tank or less my truck acts like it is running out of gas and stalls at stop lights.

A fill up has been the cure both times it has happened.

I have the walbro 255 installed an have experience the normal cavitation that occurs with i get on it at 1/4 tank or less. But this new problem occurs as I come to a stop.

Anyone have a suggestion as to why this might be happening?

Edited by vdrumright (see edit history)

I have had a starange occurance hapen twice now. When the temperatures get @ 95 degrees outside and my feul level gets at 1/4 tank or less my truck acts like it is running out of gas and stalls at stop lights.

A fill up has been the cure both times it has happened.

I have the walbro 255 installed an have experience the normal cavitation that occurs with i get on it at 1/4 tank or less. But this new problem occurs as I come to a stop.

Anyone have a suggestion as to why this might be happening?

Ive had the same thing going on for about a year fill it up and goes away, the last couple months its gone can be on E and no stumble . This is with a stock fuel system

I have no experience with Walbro fuel pumps, but I can tell you that running your truck below 1/4 tank is a bad thing. When the fuel level gets below 1/4 tank , the pump starts to pick up crap that is sitting in the bottom of the tank, thus clogging the fuel filter, making the pump work harder. Also, having low fuel can overheat the pump........believe it or not, the pump stays cooler when there is more fuel in the tank. My suggestion is to try replacing your fuel filter first and see what happens before going to the pump......and try not to run below 1/4 of a tank anymore. :chevy: