The "New" Flowmaster super 44

1 Fast SS

I love my Corsa Sport, but I was thinking about doing an inter-changible exhaust. The corsa just isn't deep enough. I've always like the sound of the flows, but don't want sacrifice the lowend TQ. So I was wondering if anyone has tried the "New" Flowmaster 44. They say it suppose to be the baddest muffler out, but that could just be an advertizing gimic.

my buddy has a pair on his 5.3L with the stock manifolds and it sounds deep and aggressive as hell. i really like the sound of it. but it's not as loud as my corsa though. i could just imagine it on a 6.0L. :eek: i wanna hear it on a 6.0 with LT's and no cats.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
lose the corsa super 44 the way to go

Sounds nice bro!! I think I might just toss a Super 44 on the stock setup side exit for now. I wonder how it'll sound though...I don't like the double rear exit on the SS, so either way I will just route exhaust to it's stock exit...None the less SOUNDS NICE

lose the corsa super 44 the way to go

It does sound good. Have you noticed any loss of lowend power? I heard that Flowmasters are known for losing power over stock. I know that when I had my GMC and I had the super 40 installed, I lost lowend TQ and power from stock, but that could have been from the 5.3 also. The 6.0 SSS may be different, not sure.

i have the 40 series deltabox. catback, can i just upgrade to that

Any muffler shop can just cut the old off and in with the new. You should be able to also with a saw zaw unless you want to have it welded back on.