Price of a drop

smoke03

Talked to the guys at my local suspension shop today and they said 1600-1800 for a 2/2 drop witrh spindles in the front and shackles and leafs in the rear...is this the price im looking at...seemed kinda high??

Kind of high IMO as well. I had the help of PimpSS and Mr. P for my 2/2 spindles/shackels and it took a little over an hour. maybe someone on here will help ya and y'all can do it for a dinner instead of $1600

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

did all the work myself and help from a buddy of mine.. look for someone local on the forum and maybe you can get away with buying someone a case of beer instead of paying $1600 for installation. good luck!

drinking age here is 21...im only 19 but ill see if i can find somebody to help me out...thanks guys

How bout this...ill fly out to kentucky...u give me $400.00 and ill install the drop for you. Youll save $1200.00 and ill get to visit my relatives in franklin tennessee again.

...does that 400 include the drop? :jester:

obviously the shop you talked to did not know anything because to go 2 inches in back all you need is some 40.00 shackles if you did hangers too it would be 4 inches the mcgauhys kit was 379.00 on ebay and we installed it one day after work it is 2 inch spindles and shackles and hangers rear

Talked to the guys at my local suspension shop today and they said 1600-1800 for a 2/2 drop witrh spindles in the front and shackles and leafs in the rear...is this the price im looking at...seemed kinda high??

That's super high/freakin' off the chart. Trailblazers in Lexington charged me $200 for labor to do the drop. I purhased the parts off the web. I went with a 2" drop spindles and 2" shackles. Parts were around $400 with shocks so total cost of $600.

yea i wanna go with a 2/3 with the leaf springs in the back...but the parts alone for a 2/3 are around 6-700 dollars....+ labor.... :crazy:

i may just end up doing a damn 2/2...cuz i dont want to drop 1200 bucks lowering it....

thats about 300 bucks more than you need to spend. get some $200 dollar drop spindles from summit and another $200 bucks gets you a set of leafs in the back.