LED Tail Lights

no only when i installed them would it pop fuse's. what happens is there are two plugs for the brake lights and the signals for the led lights. the other two you halogens just plug into. if you have the polarity reversed on the leds( pluged in backwards it will pop the fuses. there is no way to tell if it is backwards so its a trial and error thing. once you get them right it wont do it but it will take a few trials. so have some extra fuses.

I like the look of LED tails, I put a set on my truck, my problems were the cruise control stop working and on-star was calling me to say my rear lights were not working(all the rear lights worked fine) so I went over to the dealer and found out the computer checks the voltage that comes from the lights, led lights have a low voltage return so the computer thinks you have a problem and turns off the cruise control (05 model), but over all they worked fine.

I like the look of LED tails, I put a set on my truck, my problems were the cruise control stop working and on-star was calling me to say my rear lights were not working(all the rear lights worked fine) so I went over to the dealer and found out the computer checks the voltage that comes from the lights, led lights have a low voltage return so the computer thinks you have a problem and turns off the cruise control (05 model), but over all they worked fine.

which ones do you have , some of them have resistors so this wont happen. do your signals blink very fast?

wow, that sucks. i hope his don't have the resistors because i am not willing to give stuff up to change them to LED.....

no only when i installed them would it pop fuse's. what happens is there are two plugs for the brake lights and the signals for the led lights. the other two you halogens just plug into. if you have the polarity reversed on the leds( pluged in backwards it will pop the fuses. there is no way to tell if it is backwards so its a trial and error thing. once you get them right it wont do it but it will take a few trials. so have some extra fuses.

exactly what happened with me too...

which ones do you have , some of them have resistors so this wont happen. do your signals blink very fast?

this was about a year ago, I sent them back and they sent the bulb type tails, LED worked fine blink normal, I'm now back to my OEM tail lights, one more think I also had the LED 3rd light, had that on for about a year, a month or so ago my tail brake lights started to blow out, had the system checked no problems the LED 3rd light was working fine, so I took my OEM 3rd light and put it back on and never had a problem, gave the LED to a friend with a 02/03 and he never had a problem, put it back on my truck, blown brake lights,

I now have all OEM light on the rear and it will stay that way

well i went to test mine today and sure enough they blink fast and no cruise. i wont give that up either. i know there are resistors you can plug in so this will not happen. i got a set from ipcw on the way to see if they work.

well i went to test mine today and sure enough they blink fast and no cruise. i wont give that up either. i know there are resistors you can plug in so this will not happen. i got a set from ipcw on the way to see if they work.

WTF... can you post up a link to the ones you got??