Slow cars at Famoso

Z4pp

I went to Famoso raceway on saturday to watch my friend run his honda.

There was a lot of nice cars running, but they where running shit times.

Single Cab SRT-10 who did a real nice burnout prior to staging - 15.1 :[

Stock Titan - 17.1 [this one didn't surprise me too much ;) ]

SSR LS2 - 15.3 for 400 hp vette motor this made me sad

Solstice Turbo one - 15.4 [actually raced the SSR and did real good]

Typhoon - 15.4 why?? arent these turbo and AWD?

I dont know why all these cars are running so slow. The hondas where doing really good, hitting 14s all day long with their little dohc swaps. Anyone know why these cars where doing so bad? It wasnt even hot or nothing and the track was really well prepped.

Oh there was a sweet dragster there that ran a 5.7x, it turned on our alarm in the parking lot, about 200 yards away lol.

well temperature isnt everything, when calulating d/a )density altitude you also have to account for temperature,dew point, humidity, and presssure

here is a good calculator, when i go to the track we have a little device called a weather station , it takes all these and will determine your d/a very cool tool and most serious drag racers have one

http://www.modulardepot.com/density2.php

I have experience with a stock Typhoon.

If it is stock and you just punch it off the line, it will do 15's. You brake stall, throw it in "N", rev the engine to build up vacuum so the brakes hold more, and then brake stall again. This will allow you to launch with about 5-7PSI of boost and cut 1.7's 60ft times. If you just punch it off the line, you do 2.1's :ughdance: That alone will give you a second better in the quarter giving that particular Typhoon a 14.4 which is just about right for a stocker. I ran a 14.1 in my stock Typhoon with 150 lbs of audio in it. A chip, 50# injectors and a good converter will give you a low 13 truck easily.

And as Chase stated, DA means alot

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I went out there that weekend, but there are definitly fast cars out here. I don't know how to find DA, but it plays a big role in ET's.LOL. But then again there are alot of amatures out there, that dont have a clue what they are doing. Then there are some of the guys that dont run all out, cause they street race, Im sure you know how that goes. There was a QC SRT10 out here this month with a paxton air to water SC, and direct port, the setup looked badass, the owner was cool too, it ran like a 10.8 or 10.9. There's a little bit of fast eveything out here.

This Friday the 24th after the last test N tune, were going to do some street racing (fast cars), let me know if anyone is intrested.

BTW Chase, the battle of the Imports at Famoso is going to be October 28-29, they have an open test N tune lane.

Edited by BLOWN SS/T (see edit history)

I don't think I went out there that weekend, but there are definitly fast cars out here. I don't know how to find DA, but it plays a big role in ET's.LOL. But then again there are alot of amatures out there, that dont have a clue what they are doing. Then there are some of the guys that dont run all out, cause they street race, Im sure you know how that goes. There was a QC SRT10 out here this month with a paxton air to water SC, and direct port, the setup looked badass, the owner was cool too, it ran like a 10.8 or 10.9. There's a little bit of fast eveything out here.

This Friday the 24th after the last test N tune, were going to do some street racing (fast cars), let me know if anyone is intrested.

BTW Chase, the battle of the Imports at Famoso is going to be October 28-29, they have an open test N tune lane.

thats my buddy mike , he has the fastest srt 10 right now. he is a very cool guy and definatly has a bad ass truck. he is going to be featured in sport truck and truckin.

Yeah he definitly from so.cal

He had a plaque in front of the TB and has a shop's name engraved.

I didn't get a chance to talk to him but he seen us checking out his truck and he turned on his hood light so we could check it out. He got on his laptop Im sure to check out his tunning, I gave him a :thumbs:.

Bad F'n truck

Ive seen both those Blown SS\T I seen the black GNX running 9s about 2 months ago, and I saw the silver SRT-10 blown\juiced running 10.8. Now that truck could MOVE!!!

There should be a couple Fbodys out there at famoso tommarow and some other car's from Fresno. Ill be out there too, not driving anything though :banghead: . Were going to have a get together afterwards.

It's just a GN, GNX is a rare supercar, sort of. That guy will be at the track again tommarow.

I'm thinking there should be alot of cars out there since it's the last test N tune.