i got a dui

desertss

about 2 weeks ago i got a dui (first).

first let me say i do not normally drink alchol.

i went to a womans house in reno (about 30 miles from me) on a thursday nite

she said i was there about 30 minutes and got up and said excuse me a second, then i went to my truck and drove away. 7 hrs later i was pulled over 50 miles away and got a dui.

my ba was .016 twice the legal limit. i have no recall of any of the events from just after i got to her house. i was drinking a bottle of water when i got there. when i got stopped my clothes were soaking wet and i was sweating profusly, even though they said my a/c was on and working.

i was taking methyl prednislone (steroids) for my carpal tunnel. they caused me to have blackouts, memory loss, deep depression, hot flashes, night sweats. etc. i didnt realize at the time that i was having an allergic reaction to the steroids. i was on a 40mg a day dose at the time. i have since stopped taking them. none of these side effects were on the warning pages with the prescription. i have done a lot of researching on the internet and found out a lot of problems with it.

i have to go to court on the 30th. i guess i will plead guilty and get it over with.

i am going to lose my license for 90 days. (my work is going to have a driver for me to continue working, i will be training a him as a tech at the same time)

it cost me 1300 to get out of jail and 500 to get my truck out of jail.

expensive lesson. dont do steroids.

i dont need any browbeatings guys. i have beat them enough myself.

damn man that is some horrible stuff with the roids. So were you drinking though? You said you had water at the girls house then left, any idea where you went or what you drank?

:withstupid: Sorry but your story is a bit confusing.

yes i had been drinking. but i dont know what or where i was for 7 hrs. a complete blackout.

i had several more blackouts in the following days until i came off the steroids.

i have no recall of the events until i was in the jail the following morning.

Don't plead guilty - you need to get an attorney and have him get statements from your doctor explaining the situation with your incorrect dosage, and that it has been adjusted and that you are currently under the continuing supervision of your doctor. The matter will not even go before a judge, the DA will have you sign an informal "probation" basically a one-page contract saying the DA will indefinitely postpone all charges/allegations as long as you are out of trouble for the next 6-months plus continue regular visits/treatment/care with your doctor. The reason I know all this is because I lived through the same exact situation with my bipolar ex-wife, and the charges were aggravated assault/attempted manslaughter (her paxil dosage was way too high). Do this and you'll have to pay an attorney but at least you won't have a DUI on your record to haunt you in future job interviews or increased insurance.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

listen to mr. p.. i've been reading about ways to get out of tickets recently, since i've gotten two speeding tickets within the past two weeks. DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY. there are ways around every ticket and loop holes that will make it easier, especially in your case with the steroids.

good luck man.. keep your head up and don't give up.

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

Don't plead guilty - you need to get an attorney and have him get statements from your doctor explaining the situation with your incorrect dosage, and that it has been adjusted and that you are currently under the continuing supervision of your doctor. The matter will not even go before a judge, the DA will have you sign an informal "probation" basically a one-page contract saying the DA will indefinitely postpone all charges/allegations as long as you are out of trouble for the next 6-months plus continue regular visits/treatment/care with your doctor. The reason I know all this is because I lived through the same exact situation with my bipolar ex-wife, and the charges were aggravated assault/attempted manslaughter (her paxil dosage was way too high). Do this and you'll have to pay an attorney but at least you won't have a DUI on your record to haunt you in future job interviews or increased insurance.

Mr. P.

I think Mr. P is right on. Too many factors to just plead guilty. If you havn't had any other problems, I think it could be okay for you

Good luck

Wiz

Mr. P.

:withstupid:

Never plead guilty. I know you think you might have been, but you aren't sure. Steve is right. A doctor can only help you in this case since it is a medical situation. If you informally ask any attorney, I think they would all agree. Fight it. In your mind, you already lost your license for 90 days. That might not be the case.