I think I killed it...

Yeah it was the sprag! I guess my driving habits aren't too bad...burnouts at the track, alot of going up hills to and from work, I don't know. So I have the 4L70E? I thought I had the 4L60E or 4L65E for some reason, maybe its just from hearin all the SS guys talkin about their trannys all the time.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was the sprag! I guess my driving habits aren't too bad...burnouts at the track, alot of going up hills to and from work, I don't know. So I have the 4L70E? I thought I had the 4L60E or 4L65E for some reason, maybe its just from hearin all the SS guys talkin about their trannys all the time.

do you do a lot of manual shifting?

If you do have the 4L70e then on performancetrucks.net there is a FLT Level 5 for sale. slightly used(2-3K miles) but it's for sale by a sponsor. I thought about it but I've got the 65e so it might require work for it to work for me. :dunno: I'm not a trans guy at all. I bet you could get it for less than teh askign price of $3K shipped. Do you want a link to check it out?

EDIT: Here's a link to the trans for sale post: FLT Level 5 trans

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)

do you do a lot of manual shifting?

Nope

If you do have the 4L70e then on performancetrucks.net there is a FLT Level 5 for sale. slightly used(2-3K miles) but it's for sale by a sponsor. I thought about it but I've got the 65e so it might require work for it to work for me. :dunno: I'm not a trans guy at all. I bet you could get it for less than teh askign price of $3K shipped. Do you want a link to check it out?

No thanks, thats alittle too crazy for me. I just wanna get my stock one fixed first, then beef it up some. thanks though :thumbs:

... but I've got the 65e so it might require work for it to work for me. :dunno: ...
The 4L60-65-70 are interchangeable; the differences are all internal and most of that is just refinements on the original design.

Mr. P.

ps - the only differences in the cases are between 2WD and 4WD applications

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

did the trans tech say why it broke?

Nope, I just talked to the service guy and he told me what it was. Think they will reflash my pcm and loose my tune?

The 4L60-65-70 are interchangeable; the differences are all internal and most of that is just refinements on the original design.

Mr. P.

How do I figure out which I have?

Mr. P.

I read a post by FLT about the differences and that worried me a bit being the nontrans guys that I am.

Nope, I just talked to the service guy and he told me what it was. Think they will reflash my pcm and loose my tune?

How do I figure out which I have?

They are more than likely gonna flash your pcm unless you tell them otherwise. thr RPO code for the 4L70E is M70...it would say it in your glove box

if not it may be time to see the toy shop

The Toy Shop is a great place. I have had no complaints on their tranny, and it has held up to the new radix, and felt great even with a minor mail order tune before the radix. I highly advise you take a trip to Pomona and get a shift kit put in. I took Dylan and Chase's advice and can't be happier with their words of wisdom