Flashing CEL

After my cam swap I have been getting some mis fires, the CEL stays on but will misteriously go off. The it randomly comes back and even flashes. I did a u turn at the races and it was flashing. I was in traffic and I was getting mis fires idleing, and the truck sounded fine.

stoped flashing and went on my way.

got home and checked a plug and wire and they seemd fine. Could the gap on the plug open up?? what sould the gap be??

How could I trace down whats wrong? I dont want to replace the wire/plugs unless I have to, I could swap to my old ones.

If your SES light is flashing, you need to pull over and shut the engine off immediately........that signinfies a problem or condition that could do serious damage to your engine/trans..........:chevy:

Get her scanned even if the light is out, codes can be stored in the computer....

A FLASHING SES Light means the PCM is ungrounding a driver on a certain injector, or multiple. Due to a Catalyst Damaging Misfire (Raw Fuel is being allowed to enter the cat)...Therefore the PCM is determininng which cylinder, or cylinders are misfiring, and ungrounding the injectors to that, or to the according cylinders to try to prevent damage to the Catalytic Converter....

so if I was trying to see/recreate the mis the flashing lite would tell me if I found the mis fire cause it would flash. If it was a tuning issue it would stay on? I guess it could help to read/clear it to see if I can get it to come back on???

I also checked the wires from my cam swap, I ccidentally bolted one injector wire under the rocker arm, so I un wraped it to see if there was any damage to the wire, I could see none.

I also checked all my plug wires and plus for any signs of them being loose...

I am going to see if I can get the code read today, again...Autozone is so lazy they will find a way not to be able to walk out and read my code.

oh well, I have new found faith w/that guy running as good as he did with the asa cam, mine is similar to that so

so if I was trying to see/recreate the mis the flashing lite would tell me if I found the mis fire cause it would flash. If it was a tuning issue it would stay on? I guess it could help to read/clear it to see if I can get it to come back on???

even if the light goes out the code should be stored in the computers memory, scan it anyways.........