GM Diesels in half ton trucks soon

punkt71

Dude that would be awesome i just got an 04dmax dd and love it,at highway speeds its like driving an old caddy and around town once she gets out of first she just keeps pulling and thats stock.Imagine putting this motor into an old chevelle or camaro?you would get torque,horsepower,and fuel efficeincy.

I would love to get my hands on a fully assembled banks twin-turbo engine, but last time I check they were priced at around $50k!!!! I do have a couple of old project trucks that I'm thinking about getting the banks twin-turbo kit for (adds up to around $6k)... Should be interesting, I'll let you know in a couple of years when I finish whatever I start...

I know it's kind of thread hi-jacking, but just look at this thing... It's waaay too pretty to exist...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thats one of the nicest looking motors I have ever seen. If I ever used one in something, I would probably do a Dylan detailing job to the motor every time I took it for a drive!

Imagine putting this motor into an old chevelle or camaro?you would get torque,horsepower,and fuel efficeincy.

They put one in a '65 Impala on Pimp My Ride recently. The modified LBZ Duramax put out 800hp and

1400lbft of torque, and its gets to 60mph in just 3.5 seconds :eek:

They put one in a '65 Impala on Pimp My Ride recently. The modified LBZ Duramax put out 800hp and

1400lbft of torque, and its gets to 60mph in just 3.5 seconds :eek:

They never said the actual speed on the show, did they? I thought it was hilarious that they raced it against that exotic, but they cut up the clip and didn't show the actual quarter mile times... they were just like "wow it's so fast!"... I mean, I don't doubt the car is fast, but I seriously doubt it would've beat that exotic, or done 0-60 in that time frame...

They never said the actual speed on the show, did they? I thought it was hilarious that they raced it against that exotic, but they cut up the clip and didn't show the actual quarter mile times... they were just like "wow it's so fast!"... I mean, I don't doubt the car is fast, but I seriously doubt it would've beat that exotic, or done 0-60 in that time frame...

a gallardo isnt very fast in the 1320 , i have seen them run and they can barely out run a stock gto, i think the best time i saw it run was a 12.8 they are top speed cars not 1/4 mile , espeacilly the lil v11 gallardo. put it up against a murcialago and youll have a different story.

a gallardo isnt very fast in the 1320 , i have seen them run and they can barely out run a stock gto, i think the best time i saw it run was a 12.8 they are top speed cars not 1/4 mile , espeacilly the lil v11 gallardo. put it up against a murcialago and youll have a different story.

Im with you on that one abotu 3 months ago (when I still had the Radix on the SS) I raced one in Mission Viejo from a dead stop.. I got him off the line by about 1.5 cars and by the time we hit 80mph (when we let off) he hadnt even caught up yet, but he was catching up... by about 100 he would have been side by side, and after that he would have been gone. At the next light the guy and his wife were very surprised a truck with 2 people and a huge FAKE TREE in the bed of the truck (coming back from the orange county swap meet) beat a Gallardo Spyder to 80.. hahaha.. but I know from a roll or on the freeway it would be another story... didnt seem like a fast drag racer .. i wasnt very impressed!

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

i dunno if they are actually going to do it. i mean dont get me wrong it would definitely be awsome, but theyve been talking about this for over a year, and thats all its been, just talk. i would definitely consider tradin in my truck for one though, and slappin on a banks kit, no one would ever expect it.