Some of my best work yet...

Wow... That looks great, ever think about doing a CHARITY job??? :yellow_loser:

-Rob

Sure... all the time... its a religious charity... you give me money and worship the ground I walk on while saying things like "Holy Shit" and "OH MY GOD" after I restore your paint. :D

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man watever it takes.... i really need it when i bought my truck i use to take it to the car wash every other week and it wasnt a hand wash, so alot of lil swirls.... but u commin down towards LA anytime soon??? if so Wat would be ur core charge??? 06 SSS

thnx

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

Good idea, except I think I should get to keep the money :lol:

you you'd deserve it.. it was just my idea any hoo...

come to chicago (jedi mind trick attempt)..

my zaino package will be here tomorrow..

come to chicago.... (jedi mind trick attempt #2)

dont think its werkin..

Hey man watever it takes.... i really need it when i bought my truck i use to take it to the car wash every other week and it wasnt a hand wash, so alot of lil swirls.... but u commin down towards LA anytime soon??? if so Wat would be ur core charge??? 06 SSS

thnx

-Rob

A lot of people have been PMing me asking me to come to them... sorry guys... I don't do mobile.

This is a side gig for me... I retired from mobile detailing years ago. I have a day job, a 9 month old baby, a wife who thinks I spend too much time on cars as it is. If you truly are interested just bring the vehicle to me and I'll take care of you, but I just don't have enough time and theres not enough money in it for me to drive around and detail in the field.

To answer the questions about charges:

For SSS.com forum members I charge a base rate of $125 - this includes:

Complete wash & Claybar

Basic paint correction using a machine (PC 7424)

Basic polishing products (DER Stuff)

Paint sealing & protection (DER Shiney or Optimum)

Basic cleaning and polishing of the wheels + sealer

Exterior trim & tire dressing

Glass cleaning

Interior vaccum & dressing + leather conditioner if applicable

A little extra is charged if you want hot water extraction to remove any upholstery or carpet stains.

*for most guys who are into their truck this is enough... if you take good care of your stuff, have put a couple of coats of wax in the past and especially if you don't have black this process will be sufficient to get a great shine and deep look on your paint.

For the process that was done on the Avalanche you're looking at $300+/- this includes:

Complete wash & claybar

Full paint correction using the machine

Premium polishes

Multiple passes including additional steps for added depth and shine

Paint sealing and protection (MSW + optiseal)

Exterior trim, wheel well, & tire dressing

Engine compartment detail + dressing

Undercarriage pressure wash/steam clean

Cleaning and polishing of wheels + sealer

Interior shampoo + hot water extraction if needed

Leather conditioner and protectant

Glass cleaning (and polishing if needed)

Dressings & complete interior detail

I need the car/truck anywhere from 4-8 hours depending on the process and condition its in. Anyone who is interested is welcome to stick around and learn the process or at the very least have a couple beers. I don't mind if you don't stay around... I actually work faster when theres no one there to BS with. As with anything the condition and the amount of work required to get the results you want will effect the price, and there are middle ground prices too... these are just the 2 ends of the spectrum.

I do really enjoy educating people on the RIGHT ways to wash and car for their car so the prices I'm charging are enough to cover my supplies and my time (as I have so little of it lately) but its also a great excuse to hang out with other truck guys.

Also, if you already have a preferred polish regiment, but want to learn how to eliminate (or at least limit) the amount of swirls and scratches you see between waxes I can do a basic wash, teach you the process, and demo the products you'll need to do it. Think of it as WASHING 101 class... I can do that for $40 and that will make a world of difference for most people... it usually only takes an hour or two also.

you you'd deserve it.. it was just my idea any hoo...

come to chicago (jedi mind trick attempt)..

my zaino package will be here tomorrow..

come to chicago.... (jedi mind trick attempt #2)

dont think its werkin..

I have a sudden urge to visit the windy city :jester:

"For SSS.com forum members I charge a base rate of $125 - this includes:

Complete wash & Claybar

Basic paint correction using a machine (PC 7424)

Basic polishing products (DER Stuff)

Paint sealing & protection (DER Shiney or Optimum)

Basic cleaning and polishing of the wheels + sealer

Exterior trim & tire dressing

Glass cleaning

Interior vaccum & dressing + leather conditioner if applicable

A little extra is charged if you want hot water extraction to remove any upholstery or carpet stains."

WoW.... thats a deal cant get any better, but the bad thing is that i have a black truck but i'd still interested expt the only other thing holding me back would be the drive thats kinda far for me, but u will definetly be my first contact if and when i do deside to get a real detail for it... thnx for the response ,congrats on the 9 month old i know thier more than a hand full, and once again great work on the AVEY... that wasnt ur truck was it???
Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

dude if u're ever in south FL let me know. i'll pay you to do that to mine. i'll make it worth your while too. that's an amazing job!! these days i don't have the time to do it myself b/c i work so much (plus school) but with the less time i have the money to pay for it, but still nothing like doing it yourself b/c you kno it gets done right.

ES :flag:

dude if u're ever in south FL let me know. i'll pay you to do that to mine. i'll make it worth your while too. that's an amazing job!! these days i don't have the time to do it myself b/c i work so much (plus school) but with the less time i have the money to pay for it, but still nothing like doing it yourself b/c you kno it gets done right.

ES :flag:

Thanks for the compliments. Actually you're in PRIME detail territory down there... tons guys who are more talented than I am, doing much more amazing things. Specifically a company called Tropical Detailing... if you end up going thru him, let him know that Dylan06SS from Autopia.org referred ya :thumbs:

Just a couple ones he posted up... hes my hero:

Midnight Blue Metallic Lotus Elise

04 F150 Xtended Cab

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the compliments. Actually you're in PRIME detail territory down there... tons guys who are more talented than I am, doing much more amazing things. Specifically a company called Tropical Detailing... if you end up going thru him, let him know that Dylan06SS from Autopia.org referred ya :thumbs:

Just a couple ones he posted up... hes my hero:

Midnight Blue Metallic Lotus Elise

04 F150 Xtended Cab

The elise is perfect! I never seen paint so clean!