Some of my best work yet...

Dylan, what you did to that avalanche is seriously amazing... maybe next you can change the entire look of the truck so it doesnt look like an avalanche anymore!! haha jk.. i used to have one as you know, but i have no idea what i was smoking when i bought it!! lol

I want to talk to you about doing this to my SRT8 because its black. I think it needs the Dylan detail job and I am pretty close to you...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to talk to you about doing this to my SRT8 because its black. I think it needs the Dylan detail job and I am pretty close to you...

LMK when you're ready and we'll set something up.

Good work. I always check for swirls /scratches with a halogen light when I wax vehicals. It's a good trick.

Yup... it can also drive you insane though... it does such a good job of showing even the smallest imperfection that often times you'll go nuts trying to correct them all.

you need to organize a GTG in Cali or Vegas, then auction off a detail service by you and give those proceeds to either a charity, or to the site.

then, at the GTG, do the service in front of the crowd, teaching them how to do it properly.. good public service..

just my 2 cents.. but if you're ever in or around Chicago.... i got cash for your time on my truck :)

oh.. do you have tips on detailing one's engine bay??

as a matter of fact he does :)

HAHAH!! yeah... I do...

DISCLAIMER - this process is specific to a STOCK engine compartment. Any painted, chromed, or other type of finish will have to be taken into consideration. Also the mechanical condition of the engine compartment may be a factor. Use common sense and good judgment when going thru this process.

1) - Cover battery terminals, exposed filters, sensitive electrical components, etc. Doesn't have to be water tight, just a plastic bag and some masking tape to keep these parts from getting directly hit with water.

2) - Spary your preferred APC (all purpose cleaner) on any areas that need it (I prefer simple green cut 50/50 w/ water)

3) - Using a semi-coarse brush break up any stubborn spots of grease, grime, dirt. Avoid soft plastics, paints, or easily scratched metals when using the brush.

4) - Start engine

5) - Using a BROAD STREAM of water rinse completely watching for any changes in idle speed, engine sound, etc. If anything goes wrong or the idle speed changes STOP immediately.

NOTE: Avoid heavy streams of water into any areas that could result in a problem (i.e. - intake, plug wires, fuse box)

6) - Close hood and leave idling for a few minutes. 5-10min. usually will be enough.

7) - Shut engine down & open hood

9) - Towel dry or use air compressor to get residual water not evaporated by engine heat being careful not to burn yourself on any hot parts

10) - Apply preferred non-oily/greasy dressing to plastics. Apply with a detail sponge or pad DO NOT SPRAY any dressing directly into your engine compartment as they will cause problems for you later.

NOTE: Avoid belts, pulleys, or other moving parts that could be adversely affected by dressings.