Lightning Fun

Red03SillSS

We went from 25 pmh and were about dead even until 60 or so. Then we went from a stop and I had about 2 lengths on him at 80 mph. Felt really good. Ole Chevy did me proud. It was my 2 lightning race from a dig ever and my second win. They arent all what they are made out to be.

Well My Stall helps alot with the AWD. Thats why I can take them so easily off the line. They really arent that impressive to me.

The boy in the truck told me that his truck was stock except for a CAI. When he told me that I know that I was going to rape him from the line.

We went from 25 pmh and were about dead even until 60 or so. Then we went from a stop and I had about 2 lengths on him at 80 mph. Felt really good. Ole Chevy did me proud. It was my 2 lightning race from a dig ever and my second win. They arent all what they are made out to be.

Well My Stall helps alot with the AWD. Thats why I can take them so easily off the line. They really arent that impressive to me.

The boy in the truck told me that his truck was stock except for a CAI. When he told me that I know that I was going to rape him from the line.

Good kill. You've got to be the fastest SS for the mods you have.

Nice work man. What do those things run stock? 0-60, 1/8th mile and 1/4?

0-60 they are like 5.4 Ive tested my truck before and it was around 5.1-5.2 Ill post a vid at the bottom of this post. I nkow there base 1/4 time is right around 14.

Good kill. You've got to be the fastest SS for the mods you have.

I give all the thanks to my stall converter. Some people dont like fuddle, but It spools really fast and is a super loose converter. Heres a shot of a 0-60 run brake stalling it. I get to 30 in literally no time at all.

th_P1000094.jpg

Edited by Red03SillSS (see edit history)

The one in my signature was running 13.1's all night long. No idea what if anything has been done to it. I know they are capable of 12s.

If it was running low 13s it wasnt stock. But you have to remember we only ran to 80 mph. Im sure he was pulling on me at that time.

Your truck launches as hard as mine does and I have a radix...something aint right...lol. Is my ocnverter that tight?

Maybe you do have a tight conveter. Mine is a 9.5inch converter. When I had my stock converter mine didnt launch near that. I went form 14.29 w 2.18 60 ft time to a 13.79 w 1.88 60ft time by just putting in my converter. My girlfriend calls it a rollercoaster ride because it pins you in your seat. As you can see in the vid my truck literaly goes 0-30 in 1-2 seconds.

Maybe im just getting lucky with my mods. Alot of people dont believe ive ran a 13.7 but ive got the slips to prove it and have ran 13.8 numerous times. Guess Im just lucky.

Edited by Red03SillSS (see edit history)

Yeah...because without the radix, but with a tune, efans, converter, long tube headers, cai, I ran almost a full second slower than you. I might be 800-1,000ft higher in elevation (Ohio is about 1,000ft above SL). And I know we have cooler air than you, but my 60ft times with my 2600 are about equal to what your stock 60ft was. Sheesh. I'm not calling you a liar at all, but it doesnt make sense to me...there are head and camm'd trucks that cant touch you...I havent been to the track with the radix yet, but I know I'm not better than 13.5 until I pulley down and get the bigger intercooler in.

if you can live with a loosy small converter like that it is the way to go...combined with the awd its gonna launch just tits....i personally wouldnt want mine that loose being a daily driver or at least a vehicle i drive around town a lot.