Lightning Fun

Red03SillSS

Yeah...because without the radix, but with a tune, efans, converter, long tube headers, cai, I ran almost a full second slower than you. I might be 800-1,000ft higher in elevation (Ohio is about 1,000ft above SL). And I know we have cooler air than you, but my 60ft times with my 2600 are about equal to what your stock 60ft was. Sheesh. I'm not calling you a liar at all, but it doesnt make sense to me...there are head and camm'd trucks that cant touch you...I havent been to the track with the radix yet, but I know I'm not better than 13.5 until I pulley down and get the bigger intercooler in.

It is weird isnt it? But im not lying. I have only hit the 1.88 in my 60 ft time once. it was when I ran my 13.7. I have hitten 1.9xx every time since my stall. Its really consistant. I need to get some of my runs on video tape. We are 500 foot about SL.

if you can live with a loosy small converter like that it is the way to go...combined with the awd its gonna launch just tits....i personally wouldnt want mine that loose being a daily driver or at least a vehicle i drive around town a lot.

I do get about 8-10 mpg in town and 18-20 on the highway. Most of my driving is highway.

We went from 25 pmh and were about dead even until 60 or so. Then we went from a stop and I had about 2 lengths on him at 80 mph. Felt really good. Ole Chevy did me proud. It was my 2 lightning race from a dig ever and my second win. They arent all what they are made out to be.

Well My Stall helps alot with the AWD. Thats why I can take them so easily off the line. They really arent that impressive to me.

The boy in the truck told me that his truck was stock except for a CAI. When he told me that I know that I was going to rape him from the line.

I think you need to race them more than twice before you say they aren't what they are made out to be. 2001 and up Lightnings are no slouch. The 1999-2000 are only 360 hp and I think 425 lbs of torque and almost a half second slower in the quarter with their higher rear end gears. Remember, Lightnings have a 147 mph top speed stock, so that's something to think about when you challenge one on an open highway and think the race is over at eighty. Keep messing with them and one day you will find one with a driver that knows what he's doing. I wish you lived closer so I could have a run with you.

my buddy has one and its no joke it has 425rwhp and 525ftpound at the wheels the best he go was a 13.4 on street tires 1st and second just spins but it was a 13.4 at 104 mph so it is a 12 sec truck hes got a lot of money into it were going to fun ford this weekend in nh so if anyones up there look for a black lightning with a silver cowl hood with jdm banner on the windshield

I think you need to race them more than twice before you say they aren't what they are made out to be. 2001 and up Lightnings are no slouch. The 1999-2000 are only 360 hp and I think 425 lbs of torque and almost a half second slower in the quarter with their higher rear end gears. Remember, Lightnings have a 147 mph top speed stock, so that's something to think about when you challenge one on an open highway and think the race is over at eighty. Keep messing with them and one day you will find one with a driver that knows what he's doing. I wish you lived closer so I could have a run with you.

Like I said. This one was stock, the year IDK. I stock lightning does not impress me at all, but neither does a stock SS. And I raced him on a city street. got up to 80 and cut it off because the speed limit was 35. Anyone else woulda done the same thing. I give credit to the L guys that mos their trucks up and make them 12 second trucks, thats badass. But I guess this guy needs to learn how to drive or something. Im sure he would have caught me we were on open highway, but we werent.

God damn :eek: , ur truck launches hard as hell... i wish mean lauched like that but i need a stall but im still only RWD :cry: ... good kill tho, i ran two this one time one was modded and one was stock from the dig i got about 1 length on both of them but the modded one walked me and the stock one i was with him till about 80 when he slowly pulled on me... i think stock for stock it's a pretty good race.... the L would still win...

-Rob

Right on D. :thumbs: Gotta love that AWD launch! :lol: The thing that gets me is your MPH in the 1/4; I wish mine was that good, I'm only trapping around 91-mph.

Your truck launches as hard as mine does and I have a radix...something aint right...lol. Is my ocnverter that tight?

Yup the Yank TT2600 is only a tad looser than a TBTC IMO, it's pretty tame. But on a Radix truck you don't want to go any more than 3000-rpm stall, you start loosing 1/4-m performance above that.

Mr. P.

Yup the Yank TT2600 is only a tad looser than a TBTC IMO, it's pretty tame. But on a Radix truck you don't want to go any more than 3000-rpm stall, you start loosing 1/4-m performance above that.

Mr. P.

My point is that I blew $4-5k on my setup and he spent $500? $800? on a converter to out 60' me? Thats a kick in the nuts FYI...Granted, I'll pull away...well maybe...SSThunder only ran a 13.6 WITH a radix and this guy with no FI runs a 13.7...thats pretty embarrassing...It just makes no sense. A NA 6.0 truck should not hold a candle to a radix truck unless he unbolted everything the truck didnt need to get down the 1/4...tailgate, spare, headlights, seats, etc.

My point is that I blew $4-5k on my setup and he spent $500? $800? on a converter to out 60' me? Thats a kick in the nuts FYI...Granted, I'll pull away...well maybe...SSThunder only ran a 13.6 WITH a radix and this guy with no FI runs a 13.7...thats pretty embarrassing...It just makes no sense. A NA 6.0 truck should not hold a candle to a radix truck unless he unbolted everything the truck didnt need to get down the 1/4...tailgate, spare, headlights, seats, etc.

why dont you just buy a really loose/small/sloppy converter like he has and it should put you in the 12's easy.

I ran that time in full street gear. Did take out my headling, but everything else was left on.

why dont you just buy a really loose/small/sloppy converter like he has and it should put you in the 12's easy.

I like my really loose/small/skloppy converter :driving::crackup:

I ran that time in full street gear. Did take out my headling, but everything else was left on.

I like my really loose/small/skloppy converter :driving::crackup:

I was just going to say that D.'s truck runs with a full interior, lights, body - I cannot remember but I think he ran without a spare & hitch, and maybe with a roll-pan but that was the only weight reduction. The truck has Pacesetters, CAI, flowmasters, converter, and a damned good tune; and I know he uses different wheels at the track. One other thing is that when his 13.7 run was made the DA was very much in his favor, the air at Ennis in February is dense and cold, the corrected DA I think is something like -1500 ft (yes, that's minus 1500-ft) and that probably helped 1-2 tenths. But regardless of all that you can't argue the low 60' times :thumbs:

In all fairness D. spent more than $500-800, but yeah he did not dump in $5K. I think that D. has hit the maximum potential on the stock cam; and I agree I think that your truck is not reaching it's potential. Krambo has put a radix LQ9 truck in the high-11's with a lot of dedicated work, that is closer to what your truck should be running. As a general rule IMO radix trucks with headers/CAI/catback/tune should be performing anywhere from 12.2 to 12.5 in the 1/4-m, if not then something's amiss. Your truck should be faster than D.'s by an entire second IMO.

If you want more launch out of your truck I would definitely get a different converter, something in the 2800-3000 range and that combined with the grunt of a Radix should get you down in the 1.85-1.90 range on your 60'. In our trucks every tenth that you can gain in your 60' time will cut 1.5-tenths off your 1/4-m time.

Mr. P.

I was just going to say that D.'s truck runs with a full interior, lights, body - I cannot remember but I think he ran without a spare & hitch, and maybe with a roll-pan but that was the only weight reduction. The truck has Pacesetters, CAI, flowmasters, converter, and a damned good tune; and I know he uses different wheels at the track. One other thing is that when his 13.7 run was made the DA was very much in his favor, the air at Ennis in February is dense and cold, the corrected DA I think is something like -1500 ft (yes, that's minus 1500-ft) and that probably helped 1-2 tenths. But regardless of all that you can't argue the low 60' times :thumbs:

In all fairness D. spent more than $500-800, but yeah he did not dump in $5K. I think that D. has hit the maximum potential on the stock cam; and I agree I think that your truck is not reaching it's potential. Krambo has put a radix LQ9 truck in the high-11's with a lot of dedicated work, that is closer to what your truck should be running. As a general rule IMO radix trucks with headers/CAI/catback/tune should be performing anywhere from 12.2 to 12.5 in the 1/4-m, if not then something's amiss. Your truck should be faster than D.'s by an entire second IMO.

If you want more launch out of your truck I would definitely get a different converter, something in the 2800-3000 range and that combined with the grunt of a Radix should get you down in the 1.85-1.90 range on your 60'. In our trucks every tenth that you can gain in your 60' time will cut 1.5-tenths off your 1/4-m time.

Mr. P.

Steve is almost entirely correct in what he wrote about my truck. Some things he isnt correct on is that I run with my 20s at the track, and I do have a hidden hitch but no spare tire. I open my cutouts and have no cats so its pretty much open headers. The day the he was refering to at ennis I did not have a converter and my best pass was 14.209 with Tune, CAI, & Headers (that to is really quick for the mods). I ran my 13.7 at Temple Academy Raceway. When the temps were aroun 60 and low low humidity about 1 in the afternoon. Maybe its just because my Tune is that badass, I think Charlie Wheatley is the Best Tuner around hands down. Maybe I' just getting lucky on my times, but my truck has done 13.8 at least 5-10 times. Cam is next on the list, so i guess we will see if its for real then.

Steve is almost entirely correct in what he wrote about my truck. Some things he isnt correct on is that I run with my 20s at the track, and I do have a hidden hitch but no spare tire. I open my cutouts and have no cats so its pretty much open headers. The day the he was refering to at ennis I did not have a converter and my best pass was 14.209 with Tune, CAI, & Headers (that to is really quick for the mods). I ran my 13.7 at Temple Academy Raceway. When the temps were aroun 60 and low low humidity about 1 in the afternoon. Maybe its just because my Tune is that badass, I think Charlie Wheatley is the Best Tuner around hands down. Maybe I' just getting lucky on my times, but my truck has done 13.8 at least 5-10 times. Cam is next on the list, so i guess we will see if its for real then.

you're right, Wheatley's tune are the shit !!! i can't wait to see what times my truck puts up. i wouldn't be suprised if i was in the high 13's as well. i'd be happy as hell if i hit 13's.