I'm excited

brobradh77

well.. i'm a cad tech.. i work with engineers every damn day of the week...

......... i also help design the highways you guys drive on in north texas.. :D

I train CADD techs. I teach the Computer Aided Design Drafting program at ISU, including Statics.

I worked as a CADD tech myself for over 13 years.

Congrats on meeting the requirements for graduating.

Mike

Right on Brad - that is really good news :thumbs:

Uh-huh; so you're the one to blame :lol::jester:

Mr. P. :)

More like the engineers who are getting paid 4 times the amount you are, will give you vague ideas of what they are looking for and then you draw it out, designing pretty much the entire print while they collect the pats on the back and the 5 figure bonus checks. That's pretty much how it seems to work here. :banghead: I should of stayed in school for my engineering degree :shakehead: but was completely bored to tears in a lot of the classes needed for that piece of paper.

Grats on the degree, it's a long damn 4 years to get that thing thats for sure!

More like the engineers who are getting paid 4 times the amount you are, will give you vague ideas of what they are looking for and then you draw it out, designing pretty much the entire print while they collect the pats on the back and the 5 figure bonus checks. That's pretty much how it seems to work here. :banghead: I should of stayed in school for my engineering degree :shakehead: but was completely bored to tears in a lot of the classes needed for that piece of paper.

Grats on the degree, it's a long damn 4 years to get that thing thats for sure!

That's about how it is.... :banghead:

But... the good thing is... i'm only 20.. so i still have time to go back and get my engineering degree if i want..

.... or i could just stay in this field for another 2-3 years and just become a CAD Designer.. :driving:

That's about how it is.... :banghead:

But... the good thing is... i'm only 20.. so i still have time to go back and get my engineering degree if i want..

.... or i could just stay in this field for another 2-3 years and just become a CAD Designer.. :driving:

If you can get that piece of paper it helps bigtime on the pay scale, maybe your job will pay for you to get that degree, you never know.