raced a tbss

04blacksss

consistent 12.6's with about $1500 in mods.

Yea, 1000 lbs lighter dosn't hurt either.

$1500 in mods rarely gets you to 12.6 unless you spray :)

I dont know what you SSS guys weigh but my race weight is still over 5000#

Check out my sig. No way I can do a 12.6. I will be happy when I hit 12.99.

Edited by rrmccabe (see edit history)

pretty sure he - plazzedpunk is referring to pedro and that truck moves for the few mods it has. big converter helps.

my best friend just bought one...we went to the 1/4 today....just a long straight away buy my house but anyways from a dead stop it was a good race he stayed about 3 lengths behind me up till about 118...then all i seen was the tbss leaving me behind....lol...that thing is sweet stock

Yea Pedro is quick. He took out Brians new Maggie TBSS truck a couple weeks ago. Dont get my wrong. There are several TBSS's going 12's. But there are hundreds doing upper 13's too.

my best friend just bought one...we went to the 1/4 today....just a long straight away buy my house but anyways from a dead stop it was a good race he stayed about 3 lengths behind me up till about 118...then all i seen was the tbss leaving me behind....lol...that thing is sweet stock

What are you running?? You must be be heavily modded?

I own both.....not even gonna happen like that. Gonna take more than a blower to leave a TBSS like that!

Not really,I don't have much more than a blower(never been into the motor,or even taken the valve covers off)and I have only run 1 TBSS but he was AWD and a really cool guy too,and I fully embarrassed him by the tune of about 10 truck lengths to 105,granted I should be running about mid twelves now but haven't been to the track since my exhaust,pulley change,intercooler fans,relocated air intake,and wrapped headers and air intake.I ran 12.9 before that so I figure all this should be good for a couple more tenths. :dunno: Oh and I was also at full weight at the track then and the truck has since lost a couple hundred pounds!

even with the TC?? you guys (SSS) need to watch out for the new Tundras.. forget the TBSS's lol...

hearing they're running high 13's with 1.9 60's (short bed 2WD's) have read on other forums about guys running low-mid 14's with Ext/Dbl cabs, 4x4... pretty insane..

even with the TC?? you guys (SSS) need to watch out for the new Tundras.. forget the TBSS's lol...

hearing they're running high 13's with 1.9 60's (short bed 2WD's) have read on other forums about guys running low-mid 14's with Ext/Dbl cabs, 4x4... pretty insane..

Tony, have not been to the track since I installed the TC.

That and the TC I bought is a full tow version so I am not going to get the pickup you did.

I just had the tranny built and installed the Yank. It rolls off a lot better so I am sure its got to help. I just completed my Yank break in period so tomorrow I am reflashing all the TM out and gonna go wide open throttle :) I will say it sure drives nicer.

So yea, if I make 12.99 with a loaded AWD, spare, jack, etc, I will be tickled.

I dont have a hidden bottle like you !! haha, you know I am kidding