AC Clutch..

Prestoar

it sort of sounds like water hitting something very hot...bbbbssshhhhh and its off and on every second...not a steady sound

it does it when its first turned on...it seems to stop after a minute or two...

Do you have e-fans? (didn't see it in your sig). If you do you have to wire in a relay to kick one of the fans on to get air across the condensor, the noise you are prolably hearing is the AC building up pressure. One day I hook up a set of AC gauges and the high side of the system was reading about 420 PSI, I hook up the fan to run when the compresor engages and now the pressure is back down to 200 PSI. I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

no efans...

Mechanic just told me I need a new compressor....he said they replaced the tension belt and that didnt solve the problem...he said there is a service bulletin out about the tension belt and the compressor.

replacing the whole system tomorrow for 1 grand

Edited by Prestoar (see edit history)

no efans...

Mechanic just told me I need a new compressor....he said they replaced the tension belt and that didnt solve the problem...he said there is a service bulletin out about the tension belt and the compressor.

replacing the whole system tomorrow for 1 grand

Just had my compressor replaced by the dealer 1 month ago. Cost me around $1100.00. Contact Zippy. He can get you a deal on the compressor if you have someone to install it or can do it yourself.