VOLANT instructions SUCK

smoke03

Got my intake installed to day and man am I happy with it. It sounds sweet at WOT and it almost gives the truck a roar inside the cab (which I LOVE!). BUT.... the instructions werent great. It was a pretty simple install though. Took me about an hour by myself. I havent got to play with it much but I already know I love it! I would take some pics but i can find my camera...sorry guys :driving:

WTF are instructions? :dunno:

gotta agree there lol i just wanted to see what all the fuss was about!...lol well maybe i looked at them a little. Ive never put a CAI on anything. OH and my gasket was in great shape when i got it but ill keep an eye on it...thanks fox.

oh and i have a question. What about cleaning the filter? or do i just need to replace it??? any advice guys?

which filter did it come with? The blue dry filter? If so when it gets dirty, just rinse it out with Dawn dish detergent and let it fully dry. I myself before it gets nasty I pull it out and use my air compressor to blow all the crap out.

I just got my intake in last week and id have to agree, The directions blow goats. Doesnt help that i tried installing it in the rain (Yea I have no paiteince). They could make the directions so much easier if they really wanted but oh well. Awesome set-up though and the things sounds so much throatier now. Im happy.

I just got my intake in last week and id have to agree, The directions blow goats. Doesnt help that i tried installing it in the rain (Yea I have no paiteince). They could make the directions so much easier if they really wanted but oh well. Awesome set-up though and the things sounds so much throatier now. Im happy.

agreed i LOVE that sound!

Now all you need is the custom ram air to get a couple more ponies. I didn't pay $159.00 for mine though. I just went to Lowes and bought some 3" PVC, (1) PVC 90*, a 3" rubber sleeve(to go over the airbox hole), two clamps, PVC glue, and some black paint, and made my own ram air down to the front air scoop. Of course I had to pin back the wheel well, but it works great.