New tires in the near future

bridgestone dueler h/l Alenza. they have a 65,000 mile warranty Compared to the general grabber no warranty. grabbers appear to be fully direcntional. Which mean for rotations u gotta do front to rear. Alenza's are not directional u can rotate them properly. Alenza's are all season. bridgestones offer a 30 day test drive with them. honest to god u think they are not fantastic take em back. bridgestone does not prorate tires. basically means if they can't fix it, u get a new tire. Only thing u gotta pay is the price of the new waranty for that tire. bridgestone technology of the alenza is awesome. As a normal tire is 50% worn they suck 50% as much as when they are new. When alenza's are 50% worn they go to a diffrent tread compound, So the tire performance is only down 25% from new

As For the Free alingment, u sure they didnt say a Free Alingment CHECK? it's very important to get your alingment done. anyone who owns a gm truck go outside right now. I bet your inner tread of your front tires are chopped or worn.

one downside of Alenzas are they are 50 Dollars more at tirerack then the generals but for overall better tire its worth it.

I got these tires my self and love the grip that they have, cornering at least turbo still kicks there ass in straigh lines and corners. The size I went with is a 285 55 20. BFGoodrich g-force T/A kdw -2. However I had a set of BFG All terrain T/A on my GMC 2500HD and with in the last two weeks I had three catastrophic tire faillures. First RR tire blew on the 10 FWY at about 70mph. A few days later RF tire started bulging, I caught it on time so I know had two spares tires plus two BFG's, then a few day later, last WED, LF started bulging and since I didn't have a third spare I put it where the damage to my truck had already been done, RR, and sure enought tire blew messing up my truck again. So I'm weary about BFG now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally like the General Grabber. I've had them on my truck for around 15,000 miles, and the tread wear has been minimal. They have a V speed rating, which i doubt you'll ever see 149mph in the SS :ughdance: They are excellent in the rain! One night on the interstate, everyone was doing about 55 because it was raining so hard. I was doing about 90 or so while absolutely hugging the roads! They are cheap to :thumbs:

Check out this site http://www.treadepot.com/index.html I picked mine up when they had a $5.00 shipping deal! Paid $450 for the entire set shipped!

I got these tires my self and love the grip that they have, cornering at least turbo still kicks there ass in straigh lines and corners. The size I went with is a 285 55 20. BFGoodrich g-force T/A kdw -2. However I had a set of BFG All terrain T/A on my GMC 2500HD and with in the last two weeks I had three catastrophic tire faillures. First RR tire blew on the 10 FWY at about 70mph. A few days later RF tire started bulging, I caught it on time so I know had two spares tires plus two BFG's, then a few day later, last WED, LF started bulging and since I didn't have a third spare I put it where the damage to my truck had already been done, RR, and sure enought tire blew messing up my truck again. So I'm weary about BFG now.

check the date that they were made they pobolby sold u old tires .....u can check the date right by the DOT last two numbers are the year they were made...example DOT 2b3hjbf0402

this means they were made in 2002 on the fouth week of the year

check the date that they were made they pobolby sold u old tires .....u can check the date right by the DOT last two numbers are the year they were made...example DOT 2b3hjbf0402

this means they were made in 2002 on the fouth week of the year

I sent the tires back to michellin, go figure BFG is owned by them, and they evaluated all of the tires and concluded that they did not fail do to manufacturing. They also concluded that I did not do anything to cause the problem, so they are fixing the truck and prorating the pirelli scorpion ATR that I bought to replace the BFG's. I get 79% back of what I paid for the pirelli's. And on that note, the BFG's handled off road much better than the pirelli scorpion ATR.