What do you guys think?

misterp

brandt has some photoshop skillz... nice!

if you chop it, you own it for life! no one is going to want it after that... and i know you would do it right and professionally, but still...

Good point, didn't stop to consider that. I am keeping the truck long term, but yeah you're right that would definitely be outlaw for sure!

Mr. P.

Hell, I'd buy just because it'd be that much more unique...

How many customs shops out there are willing to do chop tops? Isn't that a fairly complex thing to do?

Not real complex, but very time consuming. Measure 5-6 times, cut once. Then finding/making new glass to fit. It would take some serious skillz to do it, and it would look good, but I don't think I would do it.

...Isn't that a fairly complex thing to do?

Just tedious. Z-cuts in the pillars will positively locate the roof (that's actually one of the easiest parts of the job) but you have to remember that as the roof comes down the side pillars must bend inwards to meet -or- you have to widen the roof a couple inches. Also the A-pillars would have to be laid backwards to give the windshield more rake -or- you have to lengthen the roof. IMO cutting/redoing the front doors would be the hard part, I can imagine massaging the upper window frame to match the re-worked pillars taking a lot of work. The glass for the pop-windows in the rear I would completely seal them (I've never opened them in 3 years) but the drivers/passenger door windows I dunno that might be a bit more complex on the glass work. Then there's re-doing the interior trim pieces, custom-fabbed pillar covers would be a snap but redoing the inner door panels for the rear doors would take some patience.

But it would be bitchin as hell.

Mr. P.