Question For Guys With S/C SS

How many miles have you put on your ss? Any blown motors or trannys? Which is best? Radix, ATI, Vortech, Whipple, or should I hold off for a turbo kit? How much more power can i put in the SS and still keep a long powertrain life? (at least 6 years) I'm trying to weigh things out, because i can either keep the SS for college and do some major mods to it or i may con the parents into a new Mustang Mach 1, with some minor mods. Your help is greatly appreciated.

How many miles have you put on your ss? Any blown motors or trannys? Which is best? Radix, ATI, Vortech, Whipple, or should I hold off for a turbo kit? How much more power can i put in the SS and still keep a long powertrain life? (at least 6 years) I'm trying to weigh things out, because i can either keep the SS for college and do some major mods to it or i may con the parents into a new Mustang Mach 1, with some minor mods. Your help is greatly appreciated.

You can put more girls in the back of the SS than the Mach1. Stick with the SS.

Must b brent beat a mach 1 in his ss with underdrive pully exhaust TB bypass mod, tuning, and cutting the bottom out of his airbox :eek: ... with a blower, u would be rocking...stick with the ss, or get a 03 cobra, or a wrx sti... :D

oops, 04 cobra...

Must b brent beat a mach 1 in his ss with underdrive pully exhaust TB bypass mod,  tuning, and cutting the bottom out of his airbox :eek: ... with a blower, u would be rocking...stick with the ss, or get a 03 cobra, or a wrx sti... :D

oops, 04 cobra...

Not to brag too much, :D he he he, but

You shoulda seen that kid at the end of the race. He looked like his whole life was over. He got beat off the line by a middle aged man in an Extended cab pickup and he couldn't catch him even to the end of the 1/4 mile. :cry: It was like a scene from the Fast and the Furious when the girl says, "you can have this whether you win or loose, but if you win, you get her too ..." only to find out at the end, he got neither.

I think I got a bit addicted last night. It was like taking a drug. MOD bug is all over me. :thumbs:

Course, if that had been me in that mustang, I would have been driving it back to the dealership saying you can have it. Your car got beat by a Chevy truck!

Must b brent beat a mach 1 in his ss with underdrive pully exhaust TB bypass mod, tuning, and cutting the bottom out of his airbox :eek: ... with a blower, u would be rocking...stick with the ss, or get a 03 cobra, or a wrx sti... :D

oops, 04 cobra...

Hey now vette dude, Cutting the bottom out of the plastic air box was a freebie to get some colder air. And the MAF told the Autotap software that my intake temperature was 87-89 last night all during the run. And I know after sitting in those staging lines that it was warmer than that under the hood.

Wow can i get a vid of that? I had heard they ran LOW 13's with slicks... congratulations brent! The more I drive the ss, the more i love it, and with a blower, 1.5 inch drop, exhaust, and some subs, it would be perfect. Now, what kind of power adder should i get? no N2O... too many horror stories.

Wow can i get a vid of that? I had heard they ran LOW 13's with slicks... congratulations brent! The more I drive the ss, the more i love it, and with a blower, 1.5 inch drop, exhaust, and some subs, it would be perfect. Now, what kind of power adder should i get? no N2O... too many horror stories.

one word bro, TURBO!!! you should get a turbo if u r gona get a power adder, IMHO they will get you the power, and when you are off the go peddle you r not making boost... I am pretty sure that if or when i go forced induction it will e a turbo, not to knock the super chargers but i am really dissapointed in the power they are making. Sure you could get the power out of the blower, with pulleys tuning, cams etc.... but the turbo robs no power, and they r usually on the quiet side, giving you that all important sleaper efect :devil: .....

Just my.02$ worth... :seeya:

Archived