Favorite Hot Sauce

Krambo

Well I used to hate hot sauce but over the past 3-4 years I have been opening up to it. I sampled numerous types and have made my choice of Franks Red hot original. I think it is the perfect blend of heat and flavor.

So what is yours? :cheers:

I don't mind hot sauce (I don't like it enough to go try and find the perfect one), but I hate spicy stuff... I don't even eat the spicy pringles or doritos or anything like that... There's a difference between food that tastes great and makes your mouth heat up somewhat, and food that just sends sharps jabs of fire down throat...

I'll stick to my worcestershire sauce, thank you.

Well I used to hate hot sauce but over the past 3-4 years I have been opening up to it. I sampled numerous types and have made my choice of Franks Red hot original. I think it is the perfect blend of heat and flavor.

So what is yours? :cheers:

I am gonna go with Krambo on this one. It is a perfect blend. I am also a huge fan of the traditional Tabasco. With the occasional Habanero Tabasco as a even better kick.

My Fiance always busts on me, I put it on everything......

I read an article about how hot sauce is actually addictive when used a lot. I think I am hooked MAN! :happysad:

I don't mind hot sauce (I don't like it enough to go try and find the perfect one), but I hate spicy stuff... I don't even eat the spicy pringles or doritos or anything like that... There's a difference between food that tastes great and makes your mouth heat up somewhat, and food that just sends sharps jabs of fire down throat...

I'll stick to my worcestershire sauce, thank you.

:withstupid: I agree, I stick with barbeque sauce.....an occasional spicy thing is okay, but I hate breathing fire and blowing it out my rear :eek:

I'd vote that there really isn't one best - let me explain. Sometimes I'm doctoring something up that really needs some flavor along with it, but nothing that is sweet, so I go with a little Pickapeppa. Looking for a little tang / sweetness along with your zip??? - I like the Tiger Sauce. For standard run-o-the mill hot sauce I reach for whatever tube of hungarian red pepper paste we have or the bottle of Sriracha. Going to have to check out the Franks.

Edited by jbaker (see edit history)

I've had Frank's, and like it well, but I'd say my favorite to date has been Ass Kickin Scorpion's Sting sauce http://www.asskickin.com. It's all about finding your own flavor and making sure that you don't put it on the tip of your tongue if it's above a certain heat level. If you're trying a new hot sauce, place the food item on the back corners of your mouth to chew it up until you're used to the heat that the sauce has... just a little hot sauce eating tip...

BTW, I grow my own hot peppers and make my own sauce from time to time. Look up some hot sauce ideas online to learn to make your own, then you can experiment with different ways of making it fit what you like instead of just eating something that's to hot and give you the trots! :ughdance:

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Tapatio IMO

Everyday stuff ... Tabasco

Really like the specialty sauces you get from Mexico and some of the Carrabian Islands ... I too feel that I am addicted to this stuff.

What is this Tapatio a few of you talk about? what kind of Chilies?