Took out a TBSS

BlackSS04

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good kill, id like to race one and find out where im at in progress. I know i can walk a stock and hand held programed sss pretty easy. Ive drove the tbss and its a hard comparison.

lol, i'll run ya. might be a long drive for ya though. AK to AR... shouldn't take more than about a week lol

i pull right off the bat and by 50 i had a truck and i held it to 80 were we had to shut down and i still had a truck on him.

Not callin you out, but with your mods in your sig -

Wheatley Tune, Volant CAI, 160*stat, Zippy Shift Kit, Trailblazer Converter, Corsa Sport, Jet-Hot Coated Pacesetters, High Flow Cats, Tru-Cool 4590

That seems a little unlikely... unless the kid just flat couldn't drive.

HAHA 28 grand, You MUST have been in your F1 car LOL. Anyways, good kill, I ran into one on the Turnpike one day and it was an older guy who tried 2 run me in traffic, I guess he got mad I didnt want to run ( First day having the truck) and just blew by me. Even if I was in the ideal setting, I really dont like getting embarrased. Maybe if I see one I'll run just to see how much he beats me by. Anyways, Good KILL

Not callin you out, but with your mods in your sig -

Wheatley Tune, Volant CAI, 160*stat, Zippy Shift Kit, Trailblazer Converter, Corsa Sport, Jet-Hot Coated Pacesetters, High Flow Cats, Tru-Cool 4590

That seems a little unlikely... unless the kid just flat couldn't drive.

go ahead and think what you please, but by 80, i had him by a solid truck. i did stall up and pulled the truck length by 40-50 mph, so that helped me out huge, and then he couldn't recover from it.

Why would anyone question this guys story.. he has a high stall, long tubes, its tuned, and even if it was running a low-low 14 he could still beat a stock TBSS by 1 car for sure. TBSS's arent really that fast unless you do the IAT sensor relocate, tune them, and put a new stall in there. Like Zippy said, its a 14 second truck when its warm.

Not to mention this guys motor has some crazy lifters in it because it can rev to 28,000 RPMs. :jester:

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

Why would anyone question this guys story.. he has a high stall, long tubes, its tuned, and even if it was running a low-low 14 he could still beat a stock TBSS by 1 car for sure. TBSS's arent really that fast unless you do the IAT sensor relocate, tune them, and put a new stall in there. Like Zippy said, its a 14 second truck when its warm.

Not to mention this guys motor has some crazy lifters in it because it can rev to 28,000 RPMs. :jester:

:withstupid: GOOD KILL ! :ughdance:

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

I was thinking the same thing. It's not unheard of for a STOCK SSS to run high 14's. Those mods are probably good for 8 tenths... maybe more.

Good kill! It's fun to put cocky kids in their place, even when they are in another Chevy :)

Mike

Hey BlackSS04, does your brother also have a red SS DaJoker if I recall?

no, he just lives in my area. my bother has a 06 g35 coupe and i havn't raced him yet because he work's down in Miami. it should be a close race with him.

no, he just lives in my area. my bother has a 06 g35 coupe and i havn't raced him yet because he work's down in Miami. it should be a close race with him.

Na, those g35's arent that fast. I took down 2 in my 00 5.3 with some bolt ons, that is unless they have seriously beefed them up from the 04 models or unless hes not stock. With the mods you have, you'll be fine