This one is for all you supercharged guys!

eddieo818

I've got a few 1,000 miles on my trans so far with the radix and so far so good(knock on wood). I just switch to the 3.0 pulley a few weeks ago and it seems to be fine. My trans has a zippy shift kit/servos, TBTC and tuned by zippy. I was told that any pulley smaller than a 3.0 would be bad for my trans. I've put the trans through 14 or so track runs so far.

60-something K miles, all but the first 2,500 have been supercharged. Still on the original transmission. I think where people run into problems is when they start reducing the Torque Managment on the 'puter.

I did manage to toast my cats, though, due to an over rich "pre-CARB" certification tune I was unwittingly running.

60-something K miles, all but the first 2,500 have been supercharged. Still on the original transmission. I think where people run into problems is when they start reducing the Torque Managment on the 'puter.

I did manage to toast my cats, though, due to an over rich "pre-CARB" certification tune I was unwittingly running.

I failed to mention that those 40K S/C'd miles were sans TM. :cool: I just don't drive it like a :jester: all the time.

i blew mine on sunday!! it had about 6k since the SC upgrade... and went it blew, it f'n blew...

tc-output shaft... and everything in between... truck is sadly in the shop... i may go visit it today and give it a big hug...

yea that didnt sound gay at all...

f'n truck... :mad:

and i had zippy tune, toy shop hd shift kit, and servos...

ive put about 10 k on mine with the blower and these have been very hard miles , the trans looked great when we tore it down just the converter failed. i think i could have gootten quite a bit more mileage out of it. the tc should never be overlooked

ive put about 10 k on mine with the blower and these have been very hard miles , the trans looked great when we tore it down just the converter failed. i think i could have gootten quite a bit more mileage out of it. the tc should never be overlooked

Same thing here. I put on 10K supercharged miles and dozens of Dyno pulls and track runs. This was a stock tranny with only a 3000 stall converter and boosted line pressure. I took it out and installed a fully built 65E with a less than robust torque converter. Within 2k, the TC exploded and took out the tranny with it. I have since went with a top of the line TC and every high end part you can throw at a 65E. So far so good. I don't beat on her when I take it out for a drive but when I go to the track, I always expect it to snap so when it doesn't, I can still smile.

60-something K miles, all but the first 2,500 have been supercharged. Still on the original transmission..

Wow, that's great! How many full throttle 1-2 shifts have you made with the SC. This is where I worry the most.

Also, are you running the tune that came with the Magnacharger, or is it custom?

I want to be like you when my truck grows up :)

Mike