Torque management does not kill clutches; adaptive shift timings does. Too much torque management just makes you slower.

On the TransGo kit use either 1 or 2 washers in the 2nd accumulator cup; don't use 3 (too harsh).

Mr. P.

I use adaptive shift timing is almost all aplications still. It needs to be set up correctly though because it can create problems as well as the shift pressures. It's sorta like running a maf, you need to get the pressures where they need to be like the v.e. table and let the shift timing correct from there as the maf would do.

• 4 weeks later...
Shift kit turned out good! My tires now chirp at part to WOT from 1st to 2nd. I need it adjusted alittle bit though. When cruising the 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd is alittle to much kick for me. Good guys though :thumbs:

yea well unfortunately i went the same route... my shift was too firm... and it lead to me torching the trans... kendall is a great guy, but it was there shift kit that eventually killed my transmission and please dont tell me otherwise... steve and i (mr P) spoke about this at great length... my accumulator was stacked with washers... i would shift at 225lbs at 9mph... NOT GOOD...

but i have no bad feelings towards them, just wish it would have been done right to begin with... kendall is a cool guy

My accumulator didn't have the second spring when they took it out. So what should I make sure to check for when I go back? Tell them only a certain amount of washers?

i think you want only 1 washer and no more if you want it to shift not as harsh.

Is this for a TransGo accumulator setup, or a Superior? If TG use 2 washers.

Mr. P.