Front too high with McGaughy's

Jeff B

I bought my truck in February and it already had the McGaughy's 2/3.5 drop with spindles and shackles/hangers. The front is sitting just a little bit higher than the rear. Can I adjust the stock torsion bolts to lower the front a little? How much?

Thanks

yes you can lower it by turning the torsion bar bolts, but youll need an alignment after. and be careful , you also need to keep an eye on your cv's if you go to low with awd you can cause them bind but if you even it out you should be ok.

yes you can lower it by turning the torsion bar bolts, but youll need an alignment after. and be careful , you also need to keep an eye on your cv's if you go to low with awd you can cause them bind but if you even it out you should be ok.

so far mine is great no crazy vibrations or anything i am very pleased i should not have waited so long to do the torsion bars and yes i had mine aligned after i actually turned down the torsion bars on the alignment rack

I really need an alignment after lowering the front half an inch or so?

Here is the before pic. I'll try to do it this weekend and get some after pics.

ss.jpg

yeah thats normal for the bolts to not be even, i dont know the exact reason, but I think its because one side is supposed to be a little higher to compensate for the drivers weight and some other shit

make sure you get an alignment for sure anytime you mess with the torsions